• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Bought Taller 240 Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishmanDE

Reaction score
Actually, while I’m still looking specifically for a wakui, I figured this might be a chance for someone to liquidate some unused stock. Looking for something 240-260mm, carbon, taller (at least 52mm) and for around $200 or preferably less. I know it’s a long shot, but heavily used knives and potential project knives welcome. Could possibly go as high as $300 for the right piece. Thanks in advance, sorry for the paragraph.

Last edited:
Tanaka blue 2 damac 240mm may be your choice.

Attachments

• IMG-20210304-WA0007.jpeg
    IMG-20210304-WA0007.jpeg
    66.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG-20210304-WA0005.jpeg
    IMG-20210304-WA0005.jpeg
    65.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG-20210304-WA0003.jpeg
    IMG-20210304-WA0003.jpeg
    74.4 KB · Views: 16
I appreciate all the suggestions, and they’re good! This was however meant as a “who has some tall boys collecting dust” post.

Have a 2nd gen and 3rd gen (up swept nose) 240 JNS Mazaki, both test cut and possibly sharpened once...collecting dust. Let me know if you're interested and I'll DM pics and prices.

Have a 2nd gen and 3rd gen (up swept nose) 240 JNS Mazaki, both test cut and possibly sharpened once...collecting dust. Let me know if you're interested and I'll DM pics and prices.

PMing you as we speak!

Matsubara blue #2 usually tall around 55mm and in your budget..

May we ask... what did you end up buying? Whatever it is, hope it's great!

I ended up working something out with Carl for his Coal quenched Mazaki in the other BST post. Not really what I was expecting, but I couldn’t turn it down. His maz had been haunting my dreams since I saw him post it. A lot of people offered me some really great deals though. Once that stimulus hit, I might end up buying more than I need 🤣😳

Just saw your post over in the new knife thread — beautiful knife!

Thank you! But that is another Mazaki I bought weeks ago 😅 I loved it so much I bought another one just like it but a bit taller. Mazaki def has my number lol

Back