Quantcast

Tanaka Damascus Hedge Clippers

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

mr drinky

Founding Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I stumbled upon this item today: damascus hedge shears/clippers from the Tanaka family.

Ok, show of hands, how many would buy these clippers? There is a place in Berlin that offers them for 109 Euro, and I think you can special order them through JWW.

k.

hedgeclippers.jpg

El Pescador

Engorged Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Holy SHite! I wouldn't know what to do with them!

DeepCSweede

Reaction score
:begging: Might add some joy to bush trimming time, but that is a job I push through and don't really enjoy, even with an electric hedgetrimmer - otherwise I am going to need a damascus wheelbarrow shovel and rake too. Then, I will have to replace the hood of my john deere tractor with a damascus hood......

Randy Jr. is going to be a busy guy!!!

Johnny.B.Good

Reaction score
This is a perfect example of why I refuse to add any damascus pieces to my collection. Once you start, where do you stop? There is no end!

WildBoar

Home cook, knife accumulator
Founding Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those seem nice, but the crappy handles really should be replaced with some nice burled wood...

geezr

Founding Member
Reaction score
I stumbled upon this item today: damascus hedge shears/clippers from the Tanaka family.

Ok, show of hands, how many would buy these clippers? There is a place in Berlin that offers them for 109 Euro, and I think you can special order them through JWW.

k.
:spin chair: ssooo glad now living in an apartment in a high rise building :biggrin:

I would have to buy those when we lived in a house with yard..........although we had yard service and I got to turn-on the sprinkler system :wink:

Deckhand

Reaction score
My wallet can't take all the abuse on this site.

WildBoar

Home cook, knife accumulator
Founding Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^ ...and Randy and Randy Jr. haven't even rolled out the hand-hammered copper pots and pans with the stainless steel damascus interior liners yet!

Deckhand

Reaction score
Between million layer and meteorite Damascus where would they find the time:biggrin:

Eamon Burke

Banned
Reaction score
One day, I want to own a damascus shovel with a burl handle and copper fittings.

Are those clippers White #1? I won't buy them if they aren't. :disdain:

DeepCSweede

Reaction score
^^ ...and Randy and Randy Jr. haven't even rolled out the hand-hammered copper pots and pans with the stainless steel damascus interior liners yet!
Not to mention - I haven't heard anything about that Damascus Wok they were working on...

Chifunda

Reaction score
I once had a damascus hedge, but the neighbor's dog kept peeing on it and it finally died.

(Sorry, I don't know what makes me do these things. :O )

Crothcipt

Reaction score
I am not surprised Tanaka makes them. I have read he also makes carpenter tools. Now I am sure there are some board makers that would love some damascus carpenter tools here on the forum.:2cents::biggrin: