Tanaka P/A Giveaway

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinacats

Reaction score
Tanaka looks like it's made the rounds of people who wanted to give it a try so the next step per James is to move this knife along (PIF) to someone who could really use it. Makes sense to me to move it along to a pro who could use it...if you know of someone in true need (roll stolen, new young chef who can't afford it, etc) then post about it here.

My thought is to leave this open for a week or so and then let the members chose who to send it along to? I know this sounds different so if anyone thinks this is a bad idea--members or admin please let me know and we'll work out something else.

Also, want to emphasize that this knife was provided by James and this is his contribution to the community. I realize that he's a very popular vendor as is but this is just one more reason to support him and his company...and he also happens to be my favorite Tanaka dealer:)

What a great idea! This should make someone's day!

I would like to use it as a competition motivator for my team. My idea is who ever performs the best the previous week gets to use the knife for the following week. Keep it a weekly thing so that they stay motivated.

James is pretty cool for doing this. Very charitable of you as well Chinacats. You guys are awesome!

I never win anything but maybe this time I have a chance as it's not for me. I hired a new saute cook this year and the guy has made my life tons easier. TONS! Super professional, "yes Chef" attitude, gets his mise done, mimics my presentations exactly and he's a rock star on the line but he has one knife and it's a piece of ****. Like one of those plastic handled Sysco piece of *****. If he had this knife he would be super grateful to you guys for making his job easier. He would also be super grateful to me strengthening our bond as a team as his enthusiasm would certainly increase. And I know he would take extra good care of it as he's expressed interest in learning about how I sharpen and care for blades. I've talked to him about making a purchase and even though I pay him well he just can't make it happen right now. House, car, wife, 3 kids. You know, life basically. As I said I just hired the guy in March so I believe he is still recovering from the holidays AND unemployment.

Let's make it happen for this guy. This one is for Jorge!

Im not the type to parade themselves but how about the person who's knives got stolen the same week he got his first ever job in the culinary world :p
I just posted on BST for anything that's not too expensive just so I can get myself going. This would be an incredible first wa gyuto for my first ever kitchen job.

Back