• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Tanaka r2 gyuto ironwood western 240mm

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

F-Flash

Reaction score
For sale, little used tanaka r2 240 western ironwood gyuto.

Only selling because need money elsewhere, Corona situtiation and being layd off from work.

Sharpened 1 or 2 times.

Comes with wooden kiri box.

223g
51mm @ heel
234mm from heel to tip

800€ including EMS shipping in EU. Other places I will share the shipping costs.

Yeah, I offered it to him first. He sayd he was looking for slimmer version. 💁‍♂️
Doesn't look chunky to me. I've seen thicker choil shots. Obviously, it's his perogative. I'm just saying, I don't think I would want it any thinner.

Slimmer version? They don't make a slimmer version.
Edit: I don’t want to send the wrong message. This is a beautiful knife and a great buy for anyone. I am just very specific about the knife I want to buy.

Last edited:
I had heard his father had slimmer versions, ,but dang I didn't realize they were 1.5 mm thin. Happy hunting, you know what you want.

Edit: I don’t want to send the wrong message. This is a beautiful knife and a great buy for anyone. I am just very specific about the knife I want to buy.
I don't think anybody thinks you are saying anything bad about the knife. Lots of people will get super specific over specs- not buy a knife because it's 1-2 mms short at the heel or 4 or 5 mms less in length.

Or, in my case, I’m not buying because this is like $700 over budget.

If I keep looking at beautiful pieces like this I’m going to be waaaaaaay over budget.

One of the best looking damascus, you can feel the texture with your fingers.

Bumps

Damn, I am wondering why nobody picks that up, I have three of them and can really recommend

Buump, taking reasonable offers too. Shipping to US can be included in price.

Flash hope you get back to work soon. With three month shutdown & limited opening Hawaii economy in dire straights.

Oh, you mean the R2 thread I started? No connection, but thanks!

Seems I'm not allowed to post on this forum yet. Could someone help me post a WTB ad for a Tanaka R2 ironwood petty? If someone's selling one at a low price, I wouldn't mind picking it up so we get some laughs.

Back