• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Tanaka Sekiso 210 Yo handle DIY conversion

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ma_sha1

Reaction score
Bored between DIYs, & running out of slots to keep my knives. As hard as it feels, I must let some go.

I made this Yo conversion in the thread below, I really wanted to create something special, something no one else has done before, I was happy with what came through. It’s a one of unique creation, there’s not another one like it.

Tanaka Sekiso Wa to Yo handle conversion

B2 Sekiso is available from CKTG, the price has gone up in recent years passing the $300 mark. But Its still good for DIY project because it’s such a mean cutting machine, & looks stunning,its the only knife in my lineup that can out-cut my Toyama. It’s a short 210, edge length a bit over 200mm. The additional cost I put in including Damascus Axe, handle, Spacers, sanding supplies etc, add up over $100 extra.

I am asking $445 + shipping. I feel that it’s a fair price given that I have no reputation & no history to justify more money for the many hours I put in, that’s on me.

As a DIY Project, it does not have Marko level of perfect f&f, but l’ll stand behind my creation, will be glad to take the knife back If it doesn’t meet buyer expectations.

A few photos below but much more in the link above.

FB9E01AC-2AED-475D-9D6B-D9D1CF722FF9.png
07F91AFF-1FD4-44BA-B9A5-606399690607.png
CE386EE9-C23D-49C5-A87B-BA50B4C64283.png
53ABD0CB-B97E-4C87-8347-9C4A5E339B5B.png

Last edited:
Didn’t realize those Tanakas sell for over $300 now. Just a couple of years ago they were $140 brand new.

i know, I spend 6 month trying to get one for under $200 for this project to no avail, finally gave up.

> May I ask What price did you guys pay for a Tanaka B2 Western Dammy?
> Does it have a Damascus bolster?
> What do you think it’s the fair selling price on this knife& why?

Price adjusted to $445 + shipping.
CanUS for now.

Thx

Last edited:
I don’t think Tanaka makes one of those.

Thanks, that’s kind of my point,
Similarly to I don’t see the relevancy posting “I got my old Kato for $400” in a Kato BST thread, I don’t see the relevancy on outdated pricing info. here when the market price on Tanaka B2 dammy has clearly gone up.

Last edited:
Id be all over this, if this used to be a 180 Shig nakiri.

Are people already starting to getting triggered? I haven’t done anything yet.

Last edited:
Withdrawn! Withdrawn! 🤗

Sold another knife instead, so I can withdraw this.

I might consider redoing the handle. I was going for the Maumasi/David Lisch pregnant goldfish look but didn’t quite get there. Mine looks only slightly pregnant vs. Maumasi handle 6 month pregnant where David Lisch ready to burst 🤣

Last edited:
Yo shig gyutos are worth a lot! So you should do it, even if it angers some 😁

Edit. Mustard kitaeji might add some value too, or remove some, who knows!

Back