• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB tanaka x yohei gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
looking for a 240mm hitohira tanaka yohei gyuto, 240mm, greatly prefer blue steel. after trying myojin's work on a kono fuji i figured i might as well give yohei(mitsuaki takada) a go. open to a takada no hamono as well for obvious reasons. would also consider kikuchiyo (nakagawa) x yohei as well.

let me know what you got!

In my opinion, thats one of the best collaboration i have seen for a while....i saw one recently but was a bit slow to get it...the nearly mirror finish on the edge and the contrast of the damascus and core is just
Screenshot 2022-04-14 at 2.30.37 PM.png
awesome.

Kagekiyo Ginsan seems nice too, also Nakagawa and sharpener seems to be one of Morihiro guys.
https://carbonknifeco.com/collectio...cts/kagekiyo-ginsan-gyuto-240mm-walnut-handle
was looking primarily for a carbon knife but ive heard nakagawa's ginsan is awesome. the kagekiyo knives look great though. is this a different sharpener from the normal carbon lines? almost all kagekiyo gyutos ive seen are wide bevel
In my opinion, thats one of the best collaboration i have seen for a while....i saw one recently but was a bit slow to get it...the nearly mirror finish on the edge and the contrast of the damascus and core is just View attachment 174980awesome.

beautiful knife but as weird as this sounds damascus really isnt my thing. a good chunk of extra money for something that just seems harder to maintain. maybe im just being utilitarian here.

was looking primarily for a carbon knife but ive heard nakagawa's ginsan is awesome. the kagekiyo knives look great though. is this a different sharpener from the normal carbon lines? almost all kagekiyo gyutos ive seen are wide bevel

beautiful knife but as weird as this sounds damascus really isnt my thing. a good chunk of extra money for something that just seems harder to maintain. maybe im just being utilitarian here.
I think I saw a BST post confirm it is more thin convex grind, can’t really see a shinogi line. But I could be mistaken.

I think I saw a BST post confirm it is more thin convex grind, can’t really see a shinogi line. But I could be mistaken.

This series is ground with light convexity and hamaguriba edge with no shinogi line.

this is the description from the link you have on carbon so i think that bst post was correct. sounds like a winner for sure. also the oval walnut handle is nice. this just seems like the odd man out in comparison to the rest of the kagekiyo's ive seen.

Latest posts

Back