• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Tanaka Yoshikazu Gyuto 270mm Blue 1 Dama

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

DarKHarlequiN

Reaction score
Recently bought from JNS......Unused Mint condition....This magnificent blade untouched by either Animal , Vegitable or Mineral ( Errr Stone )

Looking for £575 plus shipping of choice , I would Prefer a UK sale however EU and CONUS considered depending on shipping

B1A5629F-4DDA-44C5-90DC-BA03F88A6584.jpeg

B9AF8D4E-5232-4333-86CA-B5B63F155822.jpeg

Last edited:

DarKHarlequiN

Reaction score
@EricEricEric ..... If I hadn’t just acquired its 240mm sibling (pre owned) I doubt that I would be, the 270mm is totally unused and so it made sense ( to me that is ) to pass the new one on to a good home...

Open to close offers folks.

Sdo

Reaction score
This is a great deal! Shame it is too big for my preferences. 240mm or 210mm and you could consider it sold. GLWS!

RockyBasel

KKF Sponsor
Reaction score
This is a great deal! Shame it is too big for my preferences. 240mm or 210mm and you could consider it sold. GLWS!
It’s actually smaller than you think - more like a 240 in my view. When Maksim sent me my Tanaka dammy, he mistook the 270 for a 240 and sent me the 270 for the price of a 240. Needless to say, I kept it, but he did not ask for more money

I would love encourage the bladeheads to give this a go

Sdo

Reaction score
It’s actually smaller than you think - more like a 240 in my view. When Maksim sent me my Tanaka dammy, he mistook the 270 for a 240 and sent me the 270 for the price of a 240. Needless to say, I kept it, but he did not ask for more money

I would love encourage the bladeheads to give this a go
Just saw the specs on JNS and the edge is actually 255mm. Still too big.

I am learning that my comfortable size is somewhere on the 220s. I have been looking at these for a while already and am very surprised it is not sold considering the excellent deal.

Never had the luck to be the happy recipient of such a mistake. That is great stuff :)

Somebody grab this!

DarKHarlequiN

Reaction score
knowledgeable members here will be quite sensible to a variation in length inherent with Tanaka Yoshikazu blades and in response to an enquiry I have measured this particular Gyuto and this beautiful blade measures 253mm from tip to heal.
This may dismay folks who are looking for a Zweihänder but an encouragement for those comfortable with a 240-245mm Gyuto