• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Tansu, Toyama, Mizuno

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwalker

Reaction score
Help me buy a mountain bike by purchasing these fine knives. No trades please unless it is for a kickass mountain bike. The only reason I'm selling these is to be able to keep up with my 7 year old on the trails and my equipment is woefully inadequate. I really like all these knives very much but I have many and the kid would rather spend time riding than in the kitchen so compromises must be made.

Tansu V2 stainless clad gyuto

I purchased this knife a few months ago at the Blade Show. Anyone that knows Mert's knives know how they fly through anything. This one is very thin with a beautiful profile. The tip ghosts through onions and the like. The steel has become one of my favorites after using this one as well as my Kochi with the same steel. I touched up the edge once on a natural just with stroping. I don't remember the handle materials but it is handsome and quite large. Mert offered to swap it out for a smaller one but I never got around to sending it back. I really love this knife and WILL replace it one day. The knife comes with a padded Tansu knife bag.

Length heel to tip: 250mm
Height at the heel: 59mm
Spine above heel: 3.8mm
Spine @ halfway: 2.4mm
Spine 1cm from tip: .7mm
Steel: Takefu V-Toku2
Cladding : stainless
Weight: 286g / 10.1 oz
Price : $815 shipped U.S. / international +$30. Retracted

Really hard to take good pics of this one. The first couple are from when I first got it when there was good light. I'm happy to provide more pics on request.
QFXWPTZ.jpg

QD00vit.jpg

cFgqWd1.jpg

rRorfyW.jpg

Last edited:
Toyama blue 2 damascus 210 gyuto

I got this knife in a trade to round out my Toyama gyuto collection. I like Toyama's offerings so much I took this knife in a trade even though I don't favor 210 gyutos (this is my only 210) . It has the original ho wood buffalo horn handle and features Toyama's workhorse grind. This knife is beefier than my other Toyama gyutos (240 and 270). The original owner started a polish on the knife and I haven't found time to finish it. It has some very minor patina that I can remove by request. The knife comes with the original box.

Length heel to tip: 213mm
Height at the heel: 50mm
Spine above heel: 3.3mm
Spine @ halfway: 2.1mm
Some 1cm from tip: 1.4mm
Steel: aogami (blue) 2
Cladding : reactive damascus
Weight: 164g /5.8oz
Price : SOLD $499 shipped U.S. / international +$30

NK0YTrc.jpg

zsfvH1A.jpg

mPly48e.jpg

vPDHi5H.jpg

Last edited:
Mizuno blue 2 non-shinogi 270mm gyuto

I've had this knife for years and really like using it. The steel is superb and takes and holds a really great edge. It has a deep stable patina that I can remove by request. At one time, this knife sported a pretty decent fingerstone polish so it wouldn't take much to get it back if one were so inclined. The knife is quite thin at the edge (thinner than another Miz from the same line that I had previously). The tip is great. I installed a reindeer antler ferrule Dalman handle that I purchased as a second from him though I can not find anything wrong with it. The handle is affixed with beeswax. The knife comes with original box but it is a little beat up.

Length heel to tip: 262mm
Height at the heel: 51mm
Steel: aogami (blue) 2
Cladding : reactive
Weight: scale broke, I'll update in the a.m.
Price : SOLD $375 shipped U.S. / international +$30

1ulMzT2.jpg

vWggU6Q.jpg

vNYp9e1.jpg

NNhyVhr.jpg

Last edited:
I’ve been wanting one of Mert’s stainless Sam mai. I got nervous and excited seeing this one. Right until I saw the 250 edge. Too big for my tastes, luckily.

Take an additional $50 off if you buy both knives. That's over $500 off of retail.

Last bump on the Tansu for $750. If it's not sold by Monday I'm keeping it.

Latest posts

Back