Tariffs?! EU to USA

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello knife friends! I live I the USA. I recently score a Yanick from the man himself. Today I get a message from DHL that I own a duty to get the knife. Is this something new? In the past I have bought bought 2 knives from Kamon (Austria) one from Adonis (France), one Tobias H (Sweden) and two from Birgersson, one from Blenheim forge( UK). In none of this instances I was asked to pay a duty. Has any of you had the same experience? Note: DHL is the shipper.

Customs duties in the US are based on the value of your order, I believe the threshold is 800 bucks. If your knife cost more than 800 then you have to pay duties, if it's under then you don't pay anything. Also, it resets every 2 weeks so if you order more than 800 internationally in 2 weeks then they total it up and you pay duties on the order that went over. Not sure how they keep track of that though.

Customs duties in the US are based on the value of your order, I believe the threshold is 800 bucks. If your knife cost more than 800 then you have to pay duties, if it's under then you don't pay anything. Also, it resets every 2 weeks so if you order more than 800 internationally in 2 weeks then they total it up and you pay duties on the order that went over. Not sure how they keep track of that though.
This must be the reason! This is the first European knife that I buy that is over that price, all the other ones were under it. Thank you!

Hello knife friends! I live I the USA. I recently score a Yanick from the man himself. Today I get a message from DHL that I own a duty to get the knife. Is this something new? In the past I have bought bought 2 knives from Kamon (Austria) one from Adonis (France), one Tobias H (Sweden) and two from Birgersson, one from Blenheim forge( UK). In none of this instances I was asked to pay a duty. Has any of you had the same experience? Note: DHL is the shipper.
The real reason is that DHL knows about your knives collection. And they are envy

Back