• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Teapot by Jinpachi Ogawa!!!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It may be little unusual but I thought there could be someone interested here to take this beauty.

What I have here is a Yakishime Unglazed teapot by the famous teapot maker Jinpachi Ogawa of Kasama city. I acquired it when I was visiting Japan.

The capacity of the pot is 220ml. Of course its fully handmade by Master Jinpachi-san. The potter’s mark is below the handle. It comes in its original wooden box which is also signed by Jinpachi-san. His teapots are not always easily accessible (feel free to look up and you wont find many available). The world famous restaurant Noma (ranked No 1 in the world) used Jinpachi-san’s teapot at a special event in 2015.

Asking for $300 (shipping included within North America).

81CC01DD-F822-4A60-BC42-8C2E5C2E29E5.jpeg
AC986D18-3087-4740-AC44-FAEEDDD05810.jpeg
C4C878A9-6502-4F97-81D9-24FF47E343E7.jpeg
F230E00E-4344-435F-ABCD-118F70AE0D81.jpeg
9B449DBC-E993-4B00-A7FA-D24A32C93376.jpeg
5519292F-61D8-4789-94CE-475842A71D9A.jpeg

Hmmm... have you used it? If so what type of tea, how did it pour? How well does the lid fit up?

Hmmm... have you used it? If so what type of tea, how did it pour? How well does the lid fit up?
All good questions!

Yes I have used it a few times. I feel I should actually charge for the usage because I made only absolute highest grade Taiwanese oolong from 100 years old garden where no pesticides are used; all naturally grown. So the pot is nicely seasoned and ready to go.

The fit of the lid is perfect in my opinion. No unwanted movement once you put the lid on.

As you can see from the photos, the spout it super delicately made. Its narrow so dont expect a fast pour.... its medium/medium-slow.

Thank you for the information, I am tempted... but a little low on spendy funds at the moment.

we have a lowly mass made (still well made) from a Japanese foundry (as Tea ignorant I forget the name, sumting with an A...EDIT: Iwachu), if the comparison between the Chinese knockoffs and that thing is anything to go by (as I expect) this is a as nice to use as it is beautiful!

The truth is... these are collectibles; luxuries of life. Imagine how many Kiyoshi Katos are out there but still when one comes up for sale its $1000+ even if its used. A Shun and a Kato would do the same job (I hope this wont start a new conversation... trying to sell something here lol) but still many collectors like us would only consider getting a Kato and will never buy a Shun even if its 50% off.

Quick clarification on price given your location. Is the price CAD or USD?

Thank you!

The pot looks to be in really lovely condition.
Is there any signs of wear on the pot anywhere? eg scratches, chips etc?
If not I would love to take it off your hands :) I'm a bit of Jinpachi fan and collect his pots so I would love to have it.

The pot looks to be in really lovely condition.
Is there any signs of wear on the pot anywhere? eg scratches, chips etc?
If not I would love to take it off your hands :) I'm a bit of Jinpachi fan and collect his pots so I would love to have it.
Thanks for your message. The pot is exactly in the same condition I bought it. Absolutely no sign of wear and no chipping what so ever. Please see the photos and video above. I have sent you a PM.

Teapot arrived yesterday in record time! (Thursday to Monday from Canada to Washington). Pot was packaged with the upmost care and arrived in perfect condition. Has already become my favorite go to pot. Thanks again!

Back