Tease II

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just took a bunch of pictures. In case you don't know, my pics suck. Regardless, I will post them later so as not to biase anyone before next week. BTW, if anyone is in LA this Saturday, I'll be at JKI with the proto. Bring your own produce and anything you pack in needs to be packed out. We wouldn't want Jon's shop to smell like onions all day, would we? :lol2:

I just took a bunch of pictures. In case you don't know, my pics suck. Regardless, I will post them later so as not to biase anyone before next week. BTW, if anyone is in LA this Saturday, I'll be at JKI with the proto. Bring your own produce and anything you pack in needs to be packed out. We wouldn't want Jon's shop to smell like onions all day, would we? :lol2:

lol

you know, we can take the trash out if need be :p

I received the proto on Thursday. I didn't really get to do anything with it until yesterday. I'll post some comments after this weekend. :)

Did you get a chance to use the prototype? How do you like it so far?

Happy birthday to me!

Burke.jpg

I had a feeling that was yours. Happy birthday!

Happy Birthday Lucretia,

Hope you get much happy use from it.

Thanks for the birthday wishes--it was a couple of weeks ago and we had an ice storm and no power so it was put on hold, but the delay in celebrating turned out to be worth it since the knives just got to EE.

The dragon's breath is still available, you guys. It's even more spectacular in person--the pictures do NOT do it justice--but of the 3 knives I saw, the ones that I LOVED were this one (fillet knife--with koa? EE didn't have all the details readily available--the knives weren't on display yet and they had to send someone to fetch them) and the Tamahagane, but the fillet knife I loved and actually needed. It was a really tough decision--that Tamahagane is an incredible knife and feels fantastic in your hand. But I've had a fillet knife on the wish list and I like a western handle, so that gave it the edge, so to speak.

The picture's not great, but this gives you a little taste.

Burke3.jpg

Its a really nice knife!
Congrats!
Happy Bday, thats truly a nice bday gift to yourself :)

This knife is a composite of five bars of twisted w's damascuss which are then welded together side by each and then forged into a blade.

And really sharp, too. Was showing the hubby how it would flex for filleting--pressed the flat of it down to slide along a piece of printer paper on the dining room table. It proceeded to glide right thru the printer paper and tried to eat the table cloth, too.:oops:

Hope the table cloth recovers. :)

And really sharp, too. Was showing the hubby how it would flex for filleting--pressed the flat of it down to slide along a piece of printer paper on the dining room table. It proceeded to glide right thru the printer paper and tried to eat the table cloth, too.:oops:

Nice! I'm assuming the damascus is 52100 with something. What's the something?

It is tough to tell by the small photo about the handle material.
It might be Koa, but I am thinking it is probably Tasmanian Blackwood (an Australian cousin to koa).

Thanks for the birthday wishes--it was a couple of weeks ago and we had an ice storm and no power so it was put on hold, but the delay in celebrating turned out to be worth it since the knives just got to EE.

The dragon's breath is still available, you guys. It's even more spectacular in person--the pictures do NOT do it justice--but of the 3 knives I saw, the ones that I LOVED were this one (fillet knife--with koa? EE didn't have all the details readily available--the knives weren't on display yet and they had to send someone to fetch them) and the Tamahagane, but the fillet knife I loved and actually needed. It was a really tough decision--that Tamahagane is an incredible knife and feels fantastic in your hand. But I've had a fillet knife on the wish list and I like a western handle, so that gave it the edge, so to speak.

The picture's not great, but this gives you a little taste.

Burke3.jpg

Yep Mark you hit it right on the head. It is tasmanian black wood. The bolsters are 416 ss pinned and soldered in place.
It is tough to tell by the small photo about the handle material.
It might be Koa, but I am thinking it is probably Tasmanian Blackwood (an Australian cousin to koa).

Back