• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD TF Denka 210 gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, guys. Up for sale is a Teruyasu Fujiwara Denka gyuto. Size is 210x50, knife has been used in home kitchen, sharpened and thinned. Knife is currently in EU looking to get 435 euro in EU or 450 usd out of EU, plus shipping. Thank you for looking.

D3FC962A-4A28-4B56-813E-0DD436FDEBA7.jpeg

043E76CF-A99B-445E-AB52-507E49E67F41.jpeg

B6EEF369-DEB0-45B8-B42A-622980D756F7.jpeg

TFTFTFTFTF

GLWS man, at this price, it will go quickly!

Damn that was quick. Had I been up when this was posted I would've snagged this.

I did, looking forward to compare to my Maboroshi, also Toyama as well. Toyama beats my Mab. on root veggies, maybe just need the big brother Denka ? 😀

Well bought that man. Would love to see a choil shot. The thinning its received is likely to have improved it as these earlier 'tou cou' blades are ground quite thick behind the edge.

Its Japanese for swordsmith. The accepted consensus, which I have no reason to doubt, is that blades with these 2 extra kanji were forged by TF IV himself, although I'm not sure if he also ground them.

Last edited:
Its Japanese for swordsmith. The accepted consensus, which I have no reason to doubt, is that blades with these 2 extra kanji were forged by TF IV himself, although I'm not sure if he also ground them.

I'm interested to see the source for this. I'm pretty sure it's not an accepted consensus.

There are several threads where its discussed. A couple of retailers (EE and Knifewear) have also confirmed. If you know otherwise what is your reasoning for the fact earlier blades (but not all) have these two kanji?

I don't believe either EE or Knifewear actually confirmed that. My 240 mab suji from Knife Toronto also has the two kanji so does a few of existing stock in the shop when I visited a few months ago. Pretty sure those are not old stocks.

I guess we'll agree to disagree on this one. Its quite possible there are still NOS knives kicking around retailers shelves with the extra kanji so finding one now isn't a surprise. I have other reasons that give me confidence but this is not the venue.

Hello,

I am the new owner of the knife, and I approve this consensus 🤣

Joking aside, I can read Kanji, I can confirm the first two characters 刀工 means sword smith. TF is a sword smith, his apprentices are not, it might be disrespectful for an apprentice to put that on if he forged the knife instead of TF?

Last edited:
Joking aside, I can read Kanji, I can confirm the first two characters 刀工 means sword smith. TF is a sword smith, his apprentices are not, it might be disrespectful for an apprentice to put that on if he forged the knife instead of TF?
:popcorn:

It's just one of the extra stamps they have floating around the factory's work areas. Means as much as you asking to have your name on the back of the blade. They probably used it more often at one period of time before the stamp got misplaced or simply excluded as they don't need to stamp one extra time than not - if you order a custom you can ask them to stamp it with that as well it just simply means you asked and has nothing to do with if the IV himself was involved in any part of the process. Mystery solved. TFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTF

That maybe but I'll continue to believe my Denka is infused with the essence of the almighty one. What I do know for a fact is that the IV thinned the blade. Peace out.

That maybe but I'll continue to believe my Denka is infused with the essence of the almighty one. What I do know for a fact is that the IV thinned the blade. Peace out.
yeah they have a little horizontal wheel in the back so it's what he would do if you asked as I believe he does it if the others are busy doing sales. TF IV fixed a very slight tipped on my 240 when I got it in person. TFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTF

I did, looking forward to compare to my Maboroshi, also Toyama as well. Toyama beats my Mab. on root veggies, maybe just need the big brother Denka ? 😀
Enjoy the knife, Denkas are pretty mystical. Even when compared to Maboroshis, Denkas are a level above in my experience.
yeah they have a little horizontal wheel in the back so it's what he would do if you asked as I believe he does it if the others are busy doing sales. TF IV fixed a very slight tipped on my 240 when I got it in person. TFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTF
All the grunt work is done by Gaku and Shutaro now. All the old man does now is smoke and chisel kanji.

Back