• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Bought TF Denka gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daniel_il

Reaction score
Hello all,

looking to find denka gyuto. preferred western handle 240 mm but can consider a tall 210 with nice specs.
feel free to contact and offer me a nice deal:)

cheers,

Daniel.

Haha been there too..

JPY is quite cheap at the moment, a direct ordering is a great option if you got the patience.

WA handle is 1 month wait, yo handle is about 4 months wait.

I ordered mine directly and paid extra for expedited shipping. It still was less expensive than purchasing from a US distributor (and it might be even cheaper now, given the exchange rate). It took about a month from placing my order to receiving it, and that included it being stuck in Cincinnati for nearly a week because of our February blizzard.

I would not hesitate to order directly again if I purchase another TF knife.

I ordered mine directly and paid extra for expedited shipping. It still was less expensive than purchasing from a US distributor (and it might be even cheaper now, given the exchange rate). It took about a month from placing my order to receiving it, and that included it being stuck in Cincinnati for nearly a week because of our February blizzard.

I would not hesitate to order directly again if I purchase another TF knife.
Thanks for the feedback!

i will give this thread a day or two before going with direct order

230 mm Denka direct custom order confirmed

long 3-4 months wait :)

One suggestion: check your spam filter for correspondence from Terawasu Fujiwara. My email (Gmail) for some reason continually misidentified correspondence from TF as spam, even after I marked it as "not spam". I eventually got around it by creating a filter that directed all TF correspondence to a folder I created, and that solved the problem. Until I figured that out, I almost missed several notes from them.

Also, did you look into the expedited shipping? I added it a couple of days after I ordered my knife (I got impatient, and the thought of it sitting on a ship for 6 months waiting at a US port made me nuts). It decreased the wait time substantially.

economy shipping is included, i asked for upgraded shipping which is about 30$ extra.

Miho from costumer support is really pleasure to work with.

Yes, Miho worked with me, too. Great customer service!

yeah had same problem with the spam and also asked for upgraded shipping, the extra cost worth the money IMO.

agree their customer support is very responsive and helpful without much wabi sabi.

I direct ordered a 195 Denka last week and was told two months 🤷‍♂️

Thanks for the spam tip, I'll create a filter now. Will look at the shipping upgrade too. Cheers.

economy shipping is included, i asked for upgraded shipping which is about 30$ extra.

Miho from costumer support is really pleasure to work with.
Thanks Daniel - I can't find any info on their site about shipping and clearly wasn't paying attention when I checked out! At this price I'm ok paying a bit more for shipping, do you remember what the difference was between the two options?

Also agree - Miho is awesome.

Thanks much!

Thanks Daniel - I can't find any info on their site about shipping and clearly wasn't paying attention when I checked out! At this price I'm ok paying a bit more for shipping, do you remember what the difference was between the two options?

Also agree - Miho is awesome.

Thanks much!

About 3000jpy, i think Miho will gladly help if you contact him.

and yeah the waiting time for 240 is a bit longer. For example, 210 can be ready in about a month.

hope it helps a bit

Back