THANKSGIVING SALE

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dream Burls

Reaction score
Now through Black Friday, Dream Burls (www.dreamburls.com) is holding a Thanksgiving sale where everything in the store,

EXCEPT HONDURAN ROSEWOOD BURL AND SNAKEWOOD, is 25% off. This includes items in the Clearance Corner section of the site.

Honduran Rosewood and Snakewood are 10% off and I'll refund that amount when I capture your payment. All other deductions will happen

automatically when you enter the coupon code THANKS ( all caps) when you checkout.

Happy hunting, count your blessings, have a great holiday and Imagine The Possibilities.

Awesome sale! :doublethumbsup:

Question: Would you recommend any of the hardwood burls be used non-stabilized? I thought burl wood wasn't recommended for handles without stabilization? Thank you!

The issue is not if the wood is burled or not, but if it is a hardwood or not. I categorize a hardwood as anything with a specific gravity of 0.8 or higher. All the species in my hardwood section have that characteristic. This makes them very dense and therefore basically impervious to water, shrinkage and warpage - as long as they have a moisture content below 10% which mine all do.

If the species is not a hardwood I always have it stabilized which gives it the same resistance characteristics as the hardwood. Having said that, some prefer the natural feel of the hardwoods over the somewhat “plastic” feel of stabilized wood that is caused by the stabilization process of impregnating the wood with poly-resins. That’s a matter of personal choice.

Either way, any wood you buy from Dream Burls is highly resistance to water and temperature impacts.

Just a reminder that this sale ends on Friday. My thanks to those of you who have already participated.

Back