That which shall not be named

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes it burns when I pee.

That's it. I've been gone for a while and I miss an ol' fashioned post-KF catharsis. Man, I need (or don't need) to poke my head in more.

Here's my input:

Spaceconvoy, I do remember that thread about the takenoko and arahiyama and I think I just looked it up within the last few months when I forgot what grit the stone was. Yes, I forgot. I bought the takenoko...or was it the arashiyama...anyhow I like the stone FWIW. That post is great institutional knowledge for those that have those stones, and I am one of them.

I also remember Mark when he was getting into things on KF and remember that he used to have excellent customer service when he was small -- now he is bigger. Other businesses are also going in that direction. There may even be a day when Jon Broida doesn't wrap his knives likes gifts, have his wife Sara write personal letters to you, and respond to your drunken PMs in the late hours. I think I will cut him some slack when his service 'slides' -- he is simply one of the best.

Business practices aside, Mark's business has grown and changed, but he also sells knives from many respected knife makers on this site. I always try to keep that in mind when saying anything good or bad about this company. In the end, I usually choose silence and reflect on this one point: Mark's last business was selling futon couches.

k.

Business practices aside, Mark's business has grown and changed, but he also sells knives from many respected knife makers on this site. I always try to keep that in mind when saying anything good or bad about this company. In the end, I usually choose silence and reflect on this one point: Mark's last business was selling futon couches.

k.

:lol2:
Drinky, I miss your insight! Wine forum? This place is full of wino's, you should hang out more.

I'm closing this thread. I've let it go on, everyone has had their say, and I've heard it all.

At this time there will be no change in our policy. There's a deep seeded history here that goes beyond the typical forum feud, and as I said when I spoke to many of you on the phone, this policy is not changing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back