The Deals, Discounts, & Sales Thread

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Posting here because this is where it all started. My Darto 2 for 1 pans arrived...all rusty. Encrusted in some protective gunk that clearly didnt do the job. A horror show coming out of the box. Fortunately a couple minutes of elbow grease with some barkeepers friend got both the gunk and the rust off but holy reactive metal batman! One side was rusting up again as I was scrubbing the other! Anyway here's some before and after shots. After is with 2 layers of grapeseed oil seasoning baked in the oven at 500 degrees for an hour per layer. If I was a muggle/casul, I'd likely have been put off carbon forever as soap and water and scrubby did nothing to this mess. Barkeepers friend is truly something. Fortunately I am not and now have some beautiful pans.

before
1718685470555.png

after
1718685491485.png

Last edited:
The handle is sharp AF. I was considering taking some sandpaper or a grinder to the edges but googled and apparently the lodge silicon pan handle cover fits these pans so I ordered one. arrives tomorrow. I'll report back with pics of the fit

https://www.lodgecastiron.com/product/silicone-handle-holders-for-carbon-steel?sku=ASCRHH11
I recommend these fabric ones, I used them for years now, they are more versatile and lighter, don’t tip the balance point of a long handled pan
https://a.co/d/gPzWgcv

I recommend these fabric ones, I used them for years now, they are more versatile and lighter, don’t tip the balance point of a long handled pan
https://a.co/d/gPzWgcv
Ha! thanks. The balance point could use some tipping...a LOT of tipping. Even these little egg pans are freaking heavy. Annoyingly so. more weight in the handle is more than welcome. Also I'm hoping the silicone ones above are a nice tight fit and can just stay on now that the handle is seasoned.

Here's an image I found in a reddit thread on the topic
1718686671246.png

Ha! thanks. The balance point could use some tipping...a LOT of tipping. Even these little egg pans are freaking heavy. Annoyingly so. more weight in the handle is more than welcome. Also I'm hoping the silicone ones above are a nice tight fit and can just stay on now that the handle is seasoned.

Here's an image I found in a reddit thread on the topicView attachment 329331
Make sense, I used one on my Ballarini pan, that one’s 2.3mm thick, which makes the balance very awkward, little bit force is enough to spill everything on the ground

Posting here because this is where it all started. My Darto 2 for 1 pans arrived...all rusty.
Same. Thanks for the Barkeepers Friend rec: worked like a charm. More or less followed Darto’s recommended process on the site: 4 rotations at 500+ degrees in the oven (not stovetop) with safflower oil. Pics are before and after seasoning, and my original Darto paella pan after a few months of use.
6DD15247-02E0-4DA9-8906-C98059910D23.jpeg
95771AF7-41CE-4BF3-B4D1-712F65569DC4.jpeg
AF33B64D-F40E-481A-A0CC-A5C18471D998.jpeg

Just got my Darto pans as well. I'll have to set aside a few hours to season them. Will probably do just one at a time since it seems like it is so reactive!

Sweet how long did you leave it in the oven for, 1 hour each cycle? Gonna try to do a couple layers today I think.

Costco has another website called Costco next (costconext.com). You log in with your costco account and then you have access to things not available on their normal costco website. They sell a Demeyere intense set under Zwilling. In the past they had the Atlantis set. They also sell Anker and a bunch of non kitchen stuff at Costco prices.

Back