The Final 30 Dois.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tristan

Reaction score
Hi, just noticed that Korin is having a special sellout on the last 30 limited edition Doi Hayate Sakimaru Takobikis.

There is some marketing spiel, but it seems these are the ones that Doi used to market as his masterwork takobikis. They are very pretty blades. Wonder if anyone picked one up? Some of the numbers are gone... Korin is basically putting all 30 up on a first come first served basis.

Nice knives! Too bad they're all right-handed! ;)
Am I the only one who would get my lucky number, since 30 is gone?

Very nice blade and handle, I specially like the saya....

KD is awesome! Too bad the 15% discount does't apply on these, though... A big chunk of change... :cry:

I went for his 270mm Limited Yanagi hayate a while back and still think its one of my best purchases ever! :robot:

I didn't intend on buying one of these, but as my birthday is coming up next week, I figured I deserved a nice present. Have yet to use it yet, but will end up getting something to let the knife play with next week after I'm done working the OT to pay this puppy off. F&F is superb, and I can't wait to see how well it cuts!
6015562476_992862b435.jpg
[/url] takobiki by taylor_e2001, on Flickr[/IMG]

Spoil yourself!
Life is more fun when you give yourself small gifts like this :)

As long as it doesn't detract from the larger gifts down the road :)

IHave yet to use it yet, but will end up getting something to let the knife play with...[/IMG]

I'll be right over! :)

That's a beauty of a knife, only 7 left as of now.

Thanks for the heads up, and an interesting side not as well. Not sure I really cared too much about the "myth" of him being a national treasure, but more that he has been forging knives for 60+ years. Something about being able to hold a well made knife in my hands that in essence is the culmination of his life's work.

Taylor

And something completely off topic, you should really update your website Marko. Put in an order for a cutting board from you, but sadly found out through the forums recently that you no longer produce them. BTW, would love to see how your knives come out, not to mention after 60 years :)

more drama. Drama all over the forums
The funny thing is, you wouldn't expect a bunch of knife nuts to be such bitchy prima donnas. You think knives, you think scruffy dude with a bandana living in a shed, stropping on a leather belt. Jack Palance and/or Antonio Luiz's avatar.

We've left the realm of people being upset by a few skeevy business and advertising practices, to a full-fledged knitting circle full of menopausal ninnies.

I love it. :jumpy:

The funny thing is, you wouldn't expect a bunch of knife nuts to be such bitchy prima donnas. You think knives, you think scruffy dude with a bandana living in a shed, stropping on a leather belt. Jack Palance and/or Antonio Luiz's avatar.

We've left the realm of people being upset by a few skeevy business and advertising practices, to a full-fledged knitting circle full of menopausal ninnies.

I love it. :jumpy:

Guys who are into field knives, are the rough ones. We are the sissies. :) We love drama.

Back