The high drama thread

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When is a vendor not a vendor? 🤔

Vendor:
/ˈvɛndə,ˈvɛndɔː/
noun
a person or company offering something for sale, especially a trader in the street.

🤔

I guess vending machines arent vendors... they are just machines... but what if they are a cybernetic organism? Living tissue over a metal endoskeleton?

Here is what Midjourney thinks "terminator working at a new york newspaper stand" would look like:

abba_terminator_working_at_a_new_york_newspaper_stand_4f861c33-b0e6-4fa3-9b48-58e8075ad9ae.png
abba_terminator_working_at_a_new_york_newspaper_stand_26a422cb-dcff-4561-bb8f-dc41187f6162.png

abba_terminator_working_at_a_new_york_newspaper_stand_72e72d45-4899-43e8-bf42-19472d9f7474.png
abba_terminator_working_at_a_new_york_newspaper_stand_519dcece-41b3-4190-94f1-8363dc99124f.png

and "terminator selling hotdogs on a New York street":

abba_terminator_selling_hotdogs_on_a_New_York_street_91191db6-efa0-48bf-abee-2b70d352c152.png

Spartendxb is the true Edge Lord. There will be no peace until you accept this.

For Sale

Basic *** Takefu knife that was looked at by the name on the box. Collectors item, bro.
Lol I got nothing against this. It's obviously dumb but there have been people who have been paying these prices (probably mainly from a certain Facebook group/Ryky's fanbase). If it floats your boat to pay 3x MSRP for a low-tier knife with a stamp that doesn't even guarantee Anryu made it, feel free.

JNS annoys me. Maxims website is old, outdated, annoying to search through, if I want to try for a kato or shig I wish I could just sort all knives by newest or by profile. Even if you go to "new" those knives won't show up.

There are no scheduled drop times for the good stuff. Only reason I was able to get my workhorse was I luckily checked the forums at 5am. Also curious the margins on these knives. I know the katos and shigs used to be $4-$500 I wonder what the wholesale price is?

I know this is all complaints about luxury goods etc etc but it would be nice for JNS just to say katos dropping tomorrow at 2pm, instead of an Instagram post of a knife with a unicorn and a heart as a comment, and then randomly popping up at 4:53 am a week later. If knowing even approximate time beforehand it would allow people to block off a certain time in their calendar, and not reward bots/people that have page loggers.

/End rant

I really don't need much. Just let me see all the products and let me sort by newest first, and be able to sort by blade shape. Hell even CKTG is better. I also asked about drop times, asking if that might be something to consider "sorry, no" was the answer. These have to be going to bots there is no way collectors are sitting refreshing for days in end.

Is "hey shigs are going to drop at noon tomorrow" or even just saying general timeframe that much to ask for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back