The knives of our wives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mack

Reaction score
Hi all,

there are 2 groups of wives, I guess.

The ones that use our knives or have their own and the ones who use 1 paring knife for everything. So I thought it would be funny, to show the knives of our wives.
My wife has her own knives, and she knows how to take care of them. I only have to sharpen them from time to time.

Here is a pic:

38714850zs.jpg

- Simon Herde Gyuto, 200mm
- Benjamin Kamon Santoku, 195mm
- Robin Dalman small Gyuto/large Petty 175mm
- Xerxes Primus Petty

What about your wives? Which knives are they using? Would be nice to see some pics too.

Best,
Mack.

p.s. no offense of course to all the women active here, you can show the knives of your men if you want :)

I’ll take the Dalman. When do you want me to pick it up?

:p

Oh, your wife has a great taste - not only because she chose you as her husband but also her choice of knives is exquisit!

My girlfriend has been using this Murata funayuki for a few years now. After she cut herself pretty bad using a dull ceramic knife on a tomato she threw it away and started using this one. At first she had NO idea how to care for it, I would end up cleaning it up and re polishing it every couple of weeks so it wouldn't turn into a hunk of rust.

She now keeps pretty darn good care of it and even mentions to me when it's starting to get dull. Super cool

My wife insists on using a set of Wusthof that was a wedding present, for purely sentimental reasons. No amount of practical consideration could convince her otherwise. Not the worst in the world, but I hate sharpening around that bolster.

My girlfriend has been using this Murata funayuki for a few years now. After she cut herself pretty bad using a dull ceramic knife on a tomato she threw it away and started using this one. At first she had NO idea how to care for it, I would end up cleaning it up and re polishing it every couple of weeks so it wouldn't turn into a hunk of rust.

She now keeps pretty darn good care of it and even mentions to me when it's starting to get dull. Super cool

Your wife sounds amazing! 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

My wife likes small knives;

A 90mm Petty
a 90mm Petty by Mazaki
a 150mm Petty by Konosuke
a 90 Petty by Kama Shiro

Attachments

• IMG_6187.JPG
    IMG_6187.JPG
    216.5 KB · Views: 33
  • P1010404.JPG
    P1010404.JPG
    239.3 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Wife's knives are 8 inch Wustof classic chef knife; 3 inch Wustof classic parer; 5 inch Mac Pro utility knife. My knives are off limits to her, she enjoys putting knives point down into metal cutlery drainer, and specializes in keeping knives in the sink submerged in soapy water.

210 Takamura Red handle
190 Tanaka Blue 2
240ish Markin in m390
Tramontina churrascrro serrated

She uses a knife she refinished herself. I was only allowed to give some direction but not touch it, lol
It was an older Richmond artifect in AEB-L.
She thinned it with sand paper/granite plate and did a 600 grit satin finish then put on a rosewood handle.
Took her about 12 hours total over a few weeks because she was scared to use any of my power tools...besides a drill.
Angela's Knife.jpg

My girlfriend mostly uses a Victorinox 8" chef's. She's tried my gyutos but prefers the Vnox for rock chopping. I've offered to get her an upgrade with a similar profile (thinking ZKramer) but nope, she likes the Vnox, and if she's gonna leave a knife out overnight covered in pizza gunk I guess she could choose something much worse. She does ask me to sharpen it up periodically these days so that's something!

Funny story: the other day I caught her using a bread knife to saw up a tomato for sandwiches. I gently suggested that my Tanaka petty might be a better tool for the job and had her try it... I think this was her first "holy sh*t that's sharp" giggle. She still doesn't get the collecting urge, but maybe I'll sell her on getting a proper knife of her own someday.

I let my girlfriend have her pick of my knives. So she told me since I like my fancy knives, she’ll take the ugliest one.

She chose the Ku Kato 😂

I had to quietly replace it with an almost similar looking Kamo Kurouchi 🤫

I let my girlfriend have her pick of my knives. So she told me since I like my fancy knives, she’ll take the ugliest one.

She chose the Ku Kato 😂

I had to quietly replace it with an almost similar looking Kamo Kurouchi 🤫
You didn't give her your ugly Ku Kato? ;-)

Latest posts

Back