The knives of our wives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've tried to get my wife to try even a small petty of mine and she just refuses. Thinks my knives are dangerous because they are so sharp. Because of the cost she's also afraid she might mess one up though I've told her that is unlikely and it doesn't matter to me anyway.

there is such a thing? typically, the v2 knives are carbon clad and the stainless clad are white #2. but good choice, regardless.
Is it? Idk man. Stainless. That’s the request. Plus I don’t need it and she doesn’t care. 😂 I’m just glad it’s a good one 😂 This coming from the lady who said Shigs were ‘basic’ and now collects blue boxes. Oyvey.

My wife uses this Mercer utility almost exclusively.

If you’re upset about someone feeling left out, and need to belittle them, maybe YOU are the soft one. Just say “okay” and move on if you’re so thick skinned. 🙄

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 17
As a man with some traditionally-feminine hobbies like flower gardening and nail painting, I've never felt excluded or unsafe in those communities. I wish I could say the same for my more conventionally masculine hobbies like video games and knives.

It was suggested in the gentlest of terms that this discussion might be a bit exclusionary, and y'all have responded with dismissive teasing and chest-thumping. Take a breath?
This topic is exactly like the awkward kid trying to fit in at the cool kids party. But instead of bringing in a bottle of tequila and some weed, decides to cry about it and tells the cool kids to accommodate him.

That’s how it looks like to me. Fact is no one spoiled the party until someone decided to mope about it.

This topic is exactly like the awkward kid trying to fit in at the cool kids party. But instead of bringing in a bottle of tequila and some weed, decides to cry about it and tells the cool kids to accommodate him.

That’s how it looks like to me.
the kid who doesnt even like sports but feels excluded from pickup game of dodgeball because nobody wants *insert non gender specific word* on their team.

The wife is scared of my sharp knives, so she uses my 7" Ikea 360 santoku that she asked me not to sharpen.

Have any women actually participated in this thread?

Also, shun 8" chef and Mac 150 petty.
Also she writes left handed and cuts right handed. Breaks my brain.

To you first point, one could say that this is a result of the title.

I'm a lefty, use a knife left handed, use scissors as a righty, and play sports as a righty. I can use a knife right handed, just not as natural.

To you first point, one could say that this is a result of the title.

I'm a lefty, use a knife left handed, use scissors as a righty, and play sports as a righty. I can use a knife right handed, just not as natural.
This just boggles my mind. The only things I can do left handed are fence and pick my nose. And I haven't fenced in 15 years.

Even learning to switch hands when sharpening was quite a trick for me... but with some practice, I think it's better. Also had a right elbow issue last year and had to learn to do some things left-handed. Some of these things feel *almost* natural after a year of practice.

This just boggles my mind. The only things I can do left handed are fence and pick my nose. And I haven't fenced in 15 years.

For me dexterity = left hand, strength = right hand. I can cross over both ways, but it's not natural. My eye dominance is right side.

For me dexterity = left hand, strength = right hand. I can cross over both ways, but it's not natural. My eye dominance is right side.
You would make a great snooker player. Its well known the best ones are ambi-dextrous

Back