The no-petty-club

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

banjo1071

Reaction score
Hey
How bout a place to show the big knives? No 240mm-petties are allowed......

Cheers
Benjamin

Attachments

• 1675155246150.png
    1675155246150.png
    618.2 KB · Views: 0
Good taste! I used the golok for years before getting this one on a recent wetland delineation. I'm a big Condor fan

Speaking of Condor, If you're not already familiar, check out Baryonyx Knife Co. Benjamin, the owner, is a really good guy and very knowledgeable. As I recall, he offers a "tune up" type service for new Condors.

Speaking of Condor, If you're not already familiar, check out Baryonyx Knife Co. Benjamin, the owner, is a really good guy and very knowledgeable. As I recall, he offers a "tune up" type service for new Condors.
Never heard of them but that's good to know.

Condor's grinds and f&f have gotten noticeably better in the past 2-3 years so for a work machete idk how much tuning I need, since I genuinely abuse the things when I have to play Conquistador and hack through swamps. Curious what he does since tune-up is really in my head for kitchen knives. Would be nice for a hunting knife for sure though

Never heard of them but that's good to know.

Condor's grinds and f&f have gotten noticeably better in the past 2-3 years so for a work machete idk how much tuning I need, since I genuinely abuse the things when I have to play Conquistador and hack through swamps. Curious what he does since tune-up is really in my head for kitchen knives. Would be nice for a hunting knife for sure though

It's been some time since I interacted with him but shoot him an email if you want. As I recall, he was one of the folks pushing Condor for out-of-factory improvements. He's got nice other stuff as well and is bush/brush oriented.

“Baby, you might think you’re a maguro in the sheets, but just wait ‘til you see what me and my tuna cutter can do.”

*maguro means tuna and is slang in Japanese for a partner who is cold and lifeless in bed like the ice cold tuna on the Tsukiji auction floor.
OT

Yiddish slang for that is latke. Potato pancake.

in Dutch we call that lack of bed skills 'starfish'

@Pie the one in the middle of the lower picture is not a petty but a fatty, what is THAT used for?
It’s a CCK KF2203 - intended purpose hanging pork butchery. I walked in intending the buy the little scraper in the same shape, walked out with an axe head and a big grin

It saves me from having to be careful when bone is involved 🙂.

These are all my 10-inch kitchen knives or longer. I like long knives. These are all Henckels 4star or Wusthof Classic knives. I probably have 4 9-inch knives, but they seem small to me.

IMG_1177.jpg

Last edited:
Left to right
Vintage Sabatier with Yo Deba grind 10"
Shi.han 52100 250mm
Vintage Old Hickory 10"
Watanabe Iron Clad Blue 270mm
Ashi Ginga White 270mm
HSC 270mm
Vintage Clyde Cutlery 12"

All of these knives have seen use in pro kitchens. But mostly in pro settings I use Kanehide TK. I wish they made the TK in a 270 but I have only ever seen 240s. This one has been around a long time. I leave it out for my cooks to use. It has cut hundreds of thousands of pounds of veggies.

PXL_20230128_120804688.jpg

You could consider a carbonext 270. Don't know how different they are on other aspects but at least it's a semistainless 270. If you're willing to settle for a cheap no-bolster handle Masahiro Bessaku is also an option.

Back