The Off Topic Thread

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone else agree that yo/western handled gyutos just look better? Similarly, nakiris and more traditional japanese shapes don't look right unless they have a wa handle.

Saw that yo handled Jiro nakiri posted on the knife findings and it just doesn't look right to me. As soon as it's on a gyuto though 😍
🤔

Bless your heart.

Does anyone else agree that yo/western handled gyutos just look better? Similarly, nakiris and more traditional japanese shapes don't look right unless they have a wa handle.

Saw that yo handled Jiro nakiri posted on the knife findings and it just doesn't look right to me. As soon as it's on a gyuto though 😍
I don't know about the look, but I certainly consider it pretty silly how some Japanese makers (and even some non-Japanese users) somehow seem to forget that a chef's knife is a western knife.

I know it's not a big country, but it's still quite wide at its narrowest point...
All the craziest stuff comes from central northern Europe, in my experience.

Edit: hmm, past couple days may contradict this.
I wonder whether he's multi-national enough to get moved to Iceland after he ... becomes obsolete. I don't think there's a penis museum in any other country besides Iceland. (See @ian 's first point, above.)

Last edited:
Back