The Off Topic Thread

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just received my first pair of Gripfast 10 eye Boots yesterday. They are more comfortable than I imagined and seem to be very well made. I always wanted to try them, but stubbornly stuck with Docs for years, even when the quality took a nose dive several years back.
20201020_183756.jpg

I just received my first pair of Gripfast 10 eye Boots yesterday. They are more comfortable than I imagined and seem to be very well made. I always wanted to try them, but stubbornly stuck with Docs for years, even when the quality took a nose dive several years back.View attachment 99758

Why do you wear boots? I feel like I live in a different universe from boot wearers, but I'm alternate-universe-curious.

Why do you wear boots? I feel like I live in a different universe from boot wearers, but I'm alternate-universe-curious.
Its what I got use to. They are comfortable for me, not squishy like tennis shoes. I have been wearing boots since the early 90's and doubt I'll change. They offer more foot protection as well. Finally, I think a small part of it is still expressing my love of ska and punk. I guess its really not any one thing, but I really like wearing them.

I'm not touching any lobster tail with my Xerxes. The tip is too thin to handle that. I'd use my CCK cleaver for that.

I had a knife that I thought was a bit fragile. Then a coworker started cutting live spot prawns in half with it. It came out fine. It's now living a hopefully full life in Montana.

Never know until you try, that’s my motto. And if at first you don’t succeed, try try again!
Yes, three times at least. The Xerxes succes % is quite high, I think you might nail it the first time

New Kipp has thin tip. The shape indicates that it will shine with the frozen wood

Totally. I got this wonderful Toyama nakiri from RockyBasel a while ago and it’s amazing at that. The shape also makes
it possible to use as a garden trowel, and you can use the blade to cut through any roots. Works well with an aggressive 30 grit edge. All you nakiri haters don’t know what you’re missing.

It still missed the point of the tip and the edge runs short 😅

1) What was the knife buy that you most regret?
2) How many knives are you currently hiding from your spouse?
3) How many parrots do you have?

Global; but I returned it.

I don't... really... I rotate them. I'm really counting on the fact she'll have a hard time keeping tracks.

One... surprise being that I fathered it.

Back