Quantcast

The old Dick appreciation thread

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

Carl Kotte

Reaction score
I’ve refurbished a few old Dicks - one of them was later sold here on bst - and I’ve really enjoyed it. It was well worth the effort, in my opinion. The patinated (well, most times rusty) carbons were easily the most enjoyable but some Stainless ones were ok too. I often see old semi-destroyed carbon Dicks on eBay. I wouldn’t hesitate buying them were it not for shipping and (when outside the EU) VAT. If Anyone else feels as strongly for old Dicks as I do, and if someone is currently working on thinning, polishing and restoring them, please share here. Also, if you find Any interesting second hand specimens you won’t be buying yourself, please share here! All best fellow Dick enthusiasts!

Last edited:

tostadas

Reaction score
Any particular types that you like more than others? I could really use an old boner to fill the hole in my collection.

F-Flash

Reaction score
I've always wanted to have Microfeinzug Dick! Maybe now is the time.

M1k3

Aiyeh
Reaction score
I've heard good things about the Dick Micro, but the Red Spirit Dick sounds good. Probably just end up with the Pocket Dick though.

Carl Kotte

Reaction score
I've heard good things about the Dick Micro, but the Red Spirit Dick sounds good. Probably just end up with the Pocket Dick though.
Yeah, the ’red spirit’ name is cool. But I find the red handles to be real turn offs

F-Flash

Reaction score
If you guys like dick steels, you should search for Lexington steele! Might sway you to another team all together.

Mods can remove if inappropriate

Jville

Reaction score
I have an old dick... It's kind of bent and needs to be straightened out.