The old Dick appreciation thread

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carl Kotte

Reaction score
I’ve refurbished a few old Dicks - one of them was later sold here on bst - and I’ve really enjoyed it. It was well worth the effort, in my opinion. The patinated (well, most times rusty) carbons were easily the most enjoyable but some Stainless ones were ok too. I often see old semi-destroyed carbon Dicks on eBay. I wouldn’t hesitate buying them were it not for shipping and (when outside the EU) VAT. If Anyone else feels as strongly for old Dicks as I do, and if someone is currently working on thinning, polishing and restoring them, please share here. Also, if you find Any interesting second hand specimens you won’t be buying yourself, please share here! All best fellow Dick enthusiasts!

Last edited:
I've always wanted to have Microfeinzug Dick! Maybe now is the time.

I've heard good things about the Dick Micro, but the Red Spirit Dick sounds good. Probably just end up with the Pocket Dick though.
Yeah, the ’red spirit’ name is cool. But I find the red handles to be real turn offs

If you guys like dick steels, you should search for Lexington steele! Might sway you to another team all together.

Mods can remove if inappropriate

I have an old dick... It's kind of bent and needs to be straightened out.

Excellent. This thread is notably lacking in Dick pics. Put your camera where your mouth is.
Ok, I tried but it’s actually very hard to put a camera inside your mouth while taking good knife pictures. This was the best I could do. First solo:
FD09A9EE-DB35-483C-8621-423B307EFEFD.jpeg

And then as a couple, together with a european mate.
FE13B609-CD13-4995-BB97-57C803D3CAFF.jpeg

Back