The old Dick appreciation thread

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A big dick in your hand just feels right. I don't have one currently... but I'll be on the look out.
I usually prefer to dual wield. Once you get the technique right, it's amazing how fast you can get accurate results.

I’m very sad to hear that. Have you tried boiling it for 10 minutes and then put in a vice and bend with full force? Sometimes it seems to work.
I'm afraid I'm going to break break it.

I like to use a hammer grip with my dick. It''s much more comfortable than a pinch grip.

I think I've asked it before but does anyone know when F. Dick quit making plain carbon steel knives? I became one of their dealers in about 1981 and there were none in the catalog at that time.

Errrrr, NO!
Not a fan of German Dick? Not even the Dick Micro? Dick Titan? Dick Hygienic?
I think I've asked it before but does anyone know when F. Dick quit making plain carbon steel knives? I became one of their dealers in about 1981 and there were none in the catalog at that time.
I think the Dick 1922 comes in carbon, I think.

Haven't found one from Skandinavia.

Retailer Heucher: Dick Dickoron micro 30cm, oval, super-fine # 75003-30

this or Amazon.de was cheapest I found.
Heuchler are very serious guys.
Not sure whether the Dickoron Micro is worth the money in a home setting, though. It's by far the best steeling rod I've ever tried, does not abrade at all. But with the next sharpening round, you will have to remove a substantial amount of fatigued steel.
In a home setting there is no inconvenience in maintaining with a few edge leading strokes on a dry fine stone, as if you were deburring.

I love my Dick!
Sometimes I let my girlfriend use it too!

Someone in the US please buy this carbon Monster Dick! Monster 14.5" Blade F Dick Carbon Knife Vintage | eBay
That just about needs a handle at each end...

1596838192409.png

Back