The Pocket Knife Thread

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheNewMexican

Reaction score
Show 'em if you got 'em........

What's in your pocket?

IMG_3729.JPG

in my pocket is my decade old large sebenza 21.

it looks the same as all the other ones (well, at least the ones that get carried). that's part of the charm.

AAF8F51D-7CB9-4814-AF2E-8F068EBFD5F8.jpeg

I’m a simple man. I like simple things. This is about as basic as they come, but always gets the job done. Last month I used it to pry a piece of glass out of my car tire. Luckily it wasn’t deep enough to cause a blowout.
Took 5 minutes to resharpen the knife.

IMG_0549.jpeg

Alternating between these two lately. Kapara and K390 Endura. The K390 steel is fantastic. The Kapara is an outstanding design, my new favorite paring knife because I don't have to reach for it, it's always there. The more I use and carry it the better I like it.

Keychain Ladybug it does the job when you need it. Is light because doesn't have metal liner in the handle. As long as cutting without twisting the blade it's alright.
IMG_20210321_113656223.jpg

Dragonfly fan. Cheap, small, effective. I lose them before I have to sharpen them.

Don't lose them all not as cheap as before. Think paid 28.00 for ladybug years ago vg10.
Now they are almost 50.00. Some even more.:oops:

How do you like that gitano?

Congrats, benchmade is my favorite right now

Love it.

In full disclosure, it was extremely stiff out of the box. I mean unreasonably and I documented it on another forum. Closer inspection revealed a small burr that was causing the problem. A little time and finesse with some sandpaper and all better. Having spoken to several others who own the same knife, none of them encountered that. It is meant to be stiff but this was way beyond that and I genuinely believe was anomaly.

Design-wise, the knife feels great and as I said I love it. The clip is a little meh. From jeans to khakis I've never had it let the knife get loose but unlike many other knives, I am conscious of it.

The steel is mid-road. Very easy to sharpen but nothing big with edge retention.

One thing to keep in mind with the popular Italian brands these days is their grinds can be a little thick behind the edge. For a knife like this, it doesn't bother me at all. This is not a hard use knife by any stretch for me. It is for sure a capable knife but if you're chopping up some radishes and carrots for lunch, you will notice the grind. But for general, light EDC, I think it is fine.

I think the knife looks fantastic and it is a knife that sits in a line of knives next to my chair that I grab when I just want to feel good.

I would buy it again without question. I like to support Mike Latham at CollectorKnives whenever I can as he is a great guy but he doesn't always have all the models in stock.

If you have any specific questions, by all means ask. :)

I've tried a LOT of Spydercos in my time and the Manix 2 Lightweight comes down as genius for me:

lArU1Jt.jpg

It has some shortcomings but compared to what is out there for a easy carry but very capable EDC knife I find it brilliant. A knife whose CQI, as so many Spydercos, came largely from consumer feedback. The Endura, Delica, Paramilitary 2, and Para 3 are all so popular and folks who love one of these models seem to really gravitate hard to that specific model and for me, it is this one. I never want to be without a M2LW. :)

Last edited:
Oh man...I had a Manix 2 lightweight limited run with CTS-XHP and brown scales. It's the only pocket knife I've managed to lose somehow. I really wish I knew what happened to that knife.

Oh man...I had a Manix 2 lightweight limited run with CTS-XHP and brown scales. It's the only pocket knife I've managed to lose somehow. I really wish I knew what happened to that knife.

That's a heart breaker. I never was never big on those brown scales but I love XHP. I figured I had time to grab one so I opted for the Cutlery Shoppe S90V version first. Then when I was ready to grab another the Knife Center version was gone. That is one knife I big time regret not having so I feel your pain.

Back