The Price of Certain Makers Knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, Eamon, that is the emergency response plan for extinguishing the bag of burning dog crap Mr Richards found on his front step... (nevermind :goodevil: )

HAHAHAHA!!!! As far as the making thing is concerned, i generally profile 8-10 blades at a time. then i heat treat them in batches of 4. If i forge a blade, which i think i will do primarily from here on out, it will increase the process by 3 normalizing cycles per blade. I am far from having a need to make 25 knives a month, so i grind blades in stages. I will do 4 blade rough grind, then work my way up the belts and do those 4 until close to final finish. I need to get a good system down for handles. I figure i put out about 10k in equipment, close to that again in handle materials, a chunk for steel, then propane and belts($200 a month in belts), It does cost a lot of money to operate. I have only sold a few knives so far, am not full time, and i have "blown my wad" financially, hoping that i do something worthwhile pursuing this hobby lol. I might decide to go full time in the near future, as the wife and i have been talking about it.

I have no issue with whatever makers want to charge. If they get what they want and buyers are happy, then good for everyone. That being said I am pissed I couldn't spend a small fortune on knives :)

A small fortune starts one overdue rent check at a time.:doublethumbsup:
I have no issue with whatever makers want to charge. If they get what they want and buyers are happy, then good for everyone. That being said I am pissed I couldn't spend a small fortune on knives :)

Latest posts

Back