The sink bridge to end all sink bridges

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aliexpress is fine, but you get what you pay for in some regards. general rule of thumb, you can get your packages within 14 days if your lucky, but likely you will be looking at 14 days minimum especially if your package gets stuck in the customs. Maybe even less if you pay for the good shipping.

I like to think of it this way, is it a type of product where the quality would be fine for a cheap "made in china" product, am i willing to wait up to 2½ months till it gets to my door, is it still worth it?

You are not getting scammed on these sites, but you most times have to take the advertising with a grain of salt, like their so called "70 +/-1 hrc"-knives that you already know from just looking at it is somewhere in the 50's.
Or like products that are made to look larger on images then in real life, where people are disappointed when they receive their sharpening stone because its not as big as they thought, but then again the description actually did say 70x30mm
You can imagine how that translates to other products, but imo looking at the sink bridge as an example, not much could have been messed up with two bars of steel, some nylon/plastic? bases with some screws on the side.

I want to order that $35 sink bridge, but that website makes me nervous....
I’ve ordered several things from AliExpress (Alibaba—the Chinese EBay). I was pretty nervous at first, but at this point I wouldn’t hesitate. I’ve had no issues in the 5 or so purchases I made. Some take a while to get here, but one arrived within two days (it was stocked in the US).

7cm wide.. abt just wide enough for a regular stone

i did use a similar sinkbridge over a long commercial sink ( long) .. ONly problem i had was that it can topple over either to the left or right if you do not spread pressure across the whole width of stone..

A switch over to a 10cm wide plank and very stable
The steel rods may rust..
Yeah, the steel rods may rust, and the thumb screws may strip out of the nylon or HDPE or whatever is used to hold the stone. It’s a risk, but for $40 delivered I figure it’s worth a gamble, and worse case I’ve got a starting point to make a better version than I receive. Will post an update when I get it.

I’ve ordered several things from AliExpress (Alibaba—the Chinese EBay). I was pretty nervous at first, but at this point I wouldn’t hesitate. I’ve had no issues in the 5 or so purchases I made. Some take a while to get here, but one arrived within two days (it was stocked in the US).
What do you mean by a while? Do things take about a week or a month? I'm just trying to understand the timeframes.

You are kidding right? Aliexpress is much bigger than Amazon. Its been around for years.

I want to order that $35 sink bridge, but that website makes me nervous....

I've ordered a few things off of there. My wife regularly places orders on there. Never had any issues. Shipping can vary a lot though depending on customs. We've had orders come within a week to a month. Besides the shipping time, I have no complaints. And everything we've ordered has arrived. No run around.

Good to know. Up to now I was completely ignorant of this site.

Yup. i have the Kramer sink bridge and like it alot.

Thanks! Might order one. Though I do have some spare scrap walnut... Seems a shame to use walnut for a sink bridge, though...

I agree. You should instead be using something like Desert Ironwood, right?

I think Bamboo might be a decent solution, I don't know how different woods respond, but I took some scrap wood for a simple bridge. the amount of water eventually become annoying or even a problem, so I applied a few coatings of some clear Lacker I had laying around, it's a little better now

My latest acquisition:
View attachment 47088
View attachment 47089
Total overkill, of course, but it's fun to use and very well made. Grey anodised aluminium blocks, stainless steel rails and screws. (The screw for the centre support for the stone is made out of brass.) Weight is 3 kg.

My great great grandchildren will still be able to use this…

I sent a PM to member pkjames, who is the man behind this bridge that you bought. Hopefully I can get one sent here to Finland.

Received the $35 (ok, so $40 all in) sink bridge from China tonight. I lost track of when I ordered it, but it seems like it took about 3 weeks to get.

All in all I'm impressed. The plastic pieces are substantial and look to be UHWPE or equivalent. The stainless rods are sturdy, and the stainless thumb screws seem decent enough. Will post some pictures in use, but here's a pic after unwrapping.
IMG_2004.JPG

Last edited:
Received the $35 (ok, so $50 all in) sink bridge from China tonight. I lost track of when I ordered it, but it seems like it took about 3 weeks to get.

All in all I'm impressed. The plastic pieces are substantial and look to be UHWPE or equivalent. The stainless rods are sturdy, and the stainless thumb screws seem decent enough. Will post some pictures in use, but here's a pic after unwrapping.
View attachment 48570

I have one of these but black rubber. It was on Amazon but wasn't offered for long. There is one annoying defect with it that surprisingly doesn't affect stability, and I ended up paying about $35 USD as well. I use it for all my sharpening. If it ever breaks down, I'm going for the $200 sink bridge.

Wow, forgot I had a sink bridge, it’s buried somewhere. Think I got it for 50 bucks on bst 5 years ago. Lol!

All in all I'm impressed. The plastic pieces are substantial and look to be UHWPE or equivalent. The stainless rods are sturdy, and the stainless thumb screws seem decent enough.
Looks really good! Check for flex of the steel rods when you use it. If they are stiff enough, I think you have a bargain there!

My latest acquisition:
View attachment 47088
View attachment 47089
Total overkill, of course, but it's fun to use and very well made. Grey anodised aluminium blocks, stainless steel rails and screws. (The screw for the centre support for the stone is made out of brass.) Weight is 3 kg.

My great great grandchildren will still be able to use this…
I have been away too long. I need that.

That sure looks like a nice piece of kit. Too bad I do not have a sink near my sharpening station. That sounds odd, I know, but I do have access to water via a spout (it is meant for laundry/hose). But if I did have a sink in my sharpening area I would totally get one of those. (I like my sharpening stuff!)

Meanwhile, I am using piece of wooden plank with old rag... :D

I tried getting one from Australia or from China but the freight was just too high.
Wooden plank with two stops. Check out some of the earlier threads. Realistically, it works just as well, and costs a tiny fraction of what you pay for the Czar one. Make another one for $3 once the current one rots enough to throw away.

Back