The Turkish Oilstone Matter

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@cotedupy I would like to revisit this Turkish oil stone I accidentally bought on EBay. I’m thankful for your insight in identifying it. My concern is it’s been sitting in a drawer after one use because I don’t know it’s grit range. How will I know if it’s for touch-up sharpening or for initial stone? Dumb question warning: How do I figure the best use for this?

View attachment 313007View attachment 313008

Like @OkayMode said; literally just a matter of trying it and seeing where it works for you, it's completely impossible to give advice about this kind of thing on the internet.

Damn cool stone whichever way you spin it though! So if ever you decide it's not for you... you know where I am. ;)

if ever you decide it's not for you... you know where I am. ;)
I'm thinking about moving mine on and replacing it with one that's a bit softer and friable as this one seems to work at quite a high grit range for my tastes - shoot me a message!

What do you use to raise a slurry on yours? I only have a tomo nagura at the moment which I use for everything.

Last edited:
Back