Quantcast

Thermapen open box sale- $69

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

Kyle

Reaction score
I love my Thermapen and this is a good deal. To get the discount price you must follow this link.

http://www.thermoworks.com/products/thermapen/splashproof_thermapen_open_box_sale.html

*Please note I have ZERO affiliation with Thermoworks other than being a satisfied customer. I am simply trying to pass along a good deal on a product that might interest the members here. If this posting violates the site rules, please remove the post. As far as I know, Thermapens are only available on the Thermoworks site and Amazon, so this shouldn't be stepping on any of our vendors' toes.

Andrew H

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial
Founding Member
Reaction score
Very nice deal, thanks for posting!

Eamon Burke

Banned
Reaction score
ooo tempting beyond tempting. I really don't need to spend a surprise $70, but man this would be handy at work.

And home...

aaaarrrrgggh

mr drinky

Founding Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All I can say is: buy it. There is something innately satisfying with buying something that you know is the best and will last. This is one of those products.

k.

SpikeC

Reaction score
I love mine so much that I gave them to my siblings for Xmas a year ago!

WildBoar

Home cook, knife accumulator
Founding Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads-up. Picked up a couple to have for gifts to family members later in the year :cool2:

GlassEye

Reaction score
This is really tempting, I have been wanting one for quite some time. Thanks for the heads up.

SpikeC

Reaction score
If you have ever even thought about it, this is the time to jump on it! They really do change the way that your meat comes out! (so to speak!)

mr drinky

Founding Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spike speaketh the truth. And it is nice to have a 'pen' that you trust to use outside of just meat. I use mine for oil and milk for cheese curd too. Also, when I dropped mine and the casing cracked, they replaced it with no questions asked even though I told them it was my fault.

k.

ColinCB

Reaction score
Oh man. I really want this.....grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I've been using a crappy one for so long, but $70!

SpikeC

Reaction score
Believe me, it is cheap at twice the price!! You have no idea how much these things help your outcomes. There is no comparison.

WildBoar

Founding Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh man. I really want this.....grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I've been using a crappy one for so long, but $70!
Yeah. Kinda like a knife for $300, a cutting board for $175, an enameled cast iron pot for $250, etc.

And not many people who have ponied up for that stuff have regretted it.

Had my wife buy me a thermapen for x-mas a couple years ago. Bought her another one to use for baking a year later. Both well worth it.

mr drinky

Founding Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use mine as a rectal thermometer.

k.

Edit: just kidding.

ColinCB

Reaction score
Yeah. Kinda like a knife for $300, a cutting board for $175, an enameled cast iron pot for $250, etc.

And not many people who have ponied up for that stuff have regretted it.

Had my wife buy me a thermapen for x-mas a couple years ago. Bought her another one to use for baking a year later. Both well worth it.

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

You're bringing back bad memories!

Maybe I'll pony up the cash.

Actually, my last thermometer died in a vat of sugar windows for my gingerbread house.

Johnny.B.Good

Reaction score
I love mine. Gave one to my father for Christmas this year. May need to get a few more for upcoming birthdays etc.

What color/s are people ordering? Mine's white, but I like that dark green. :)

WildBoar

Founding Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wish it didnt cost 100 once shipping was added on!
That's a good reason to buy two, as shipping is the same! Maybe you could split an order with a fellow Toronto KKF member?

Ordered a yellow one and a pink one, as one will probably go to my mom (so my wife and I can use it when we cook at her house :D
), and the pink one for my 15-year-old niece, who is trying to learn how to cook despite my sister's best efforts to train her to be a princess :lol2:

shankster

Reaction score
That's a good reason to buy two, as shipping is the same! Maybe you could split an order with a fellow Toronto KKF member?

Ordered a yellow one and a pink one, as one will probably go to my mom (so my wife and I can use it when we cook at her house :D
), and the pink one for my 15-year-old niece, who is trying to learn how to cook despite my sister's best efforts to train her to be a princess :lol2:
Did the math..still works out to $88.00 U.S(not sure what the exchange rate is Can vs U.S $).Still better than $100.00 +

WildBoar

Founding Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did the math..still works out to $88.00 U.S(not sure what the exchange rate is Can vs U.S $).Still better than $100.00 +
Not a bad deal, as the new ones had been selling to US customers for $99 + $6/ shipping until the recent $10 price drop.

mano

Founding Member
Reaction score
The initial outlay doesn't make sense: $70 for a thermometer?! But after using it you forget how much it costs and just look at it as one of your absolute best kitchen tools.

MarleyMan

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads-up, I have been wanting one of these for a couple years now ever since I saw one.

Too good of a deal to pass up!!!:thumbsup:

shankster

Reaction score
To all my Canadian brothers and sisters(not sure if this applies to U.S facebook users),Ace Bakery(on facebook)has a special offer for their "friends" 3 second Thermapen $70.00 +HST(not sure about shipping it said $0.00 just before checkout) limited quantities.

slowtyper

Reaction score
To all my Canadian brothers and sisters(not sure if this applies to U.S facebook users),Ace Bakery(on facebook)has a special offer for their "friends" 3 second Thermapen $70.00 +HST(not sure about shipping it said $0.00 just before checkout) limited quantities.
Is this different form a regular thermapen?

slowtyper

Reaction score
Is this different from a regular thermapen?

Anyways I ordered 2 before they run out...haha..buy first ask questions later.