• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn Thiers Issard Sabatier (elephant) 300mm 'salmon'

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chefwp

no electrons were harmed creating this KKF content
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thiers Issard Sabatier (elephant) 300mm/12" 'salmon' knife.
INOX stainless
handle - unknown
$103 all included with UPS shipping within the continental US

This knife has been with me since about 1998 (antique!! 🙂 ), but only used a few times.
sab1.jpg

sab2.jpg

Last edited:
I'm wondering if I have severely overestimated the FMV of this knife or if there is just zero demand for this unusual highly specialized tool. It could be both! 🤪

I should just keep it, even though I never use it, every time I come across the thing it reminds me of my very pleasant life for many years in Stockholm, Sweden. There is a very large open market, Söderhallarna, on the island of Södermalm, one of the islands that make up the city of Stockholm. There you could always find a vendor carving up gravlox with such a knife. I miss Stockholm, I should pack up the family are revisit my old stomping ground one day...

I will entertain any reasonable offers for this guy.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if I have severely overestimated the FMV of this knife or if there is just zero demand for this unusual highly specialized tool. It could be both! 🤪

I should just keep it, even though I never use it, every time I come across the thing it reminds me of my very pleasant life for many years in Stockholm, Sweden. There is a very large open market, Söderhallarna on the island of Södermalm, one of the islands that make up the city of Stockholm. There you could always find a vendor carving up gravlox with such a knife. I miss Stockholm, I should pack up the family are revisit my old stomping ground one day...
I worked at that place in Söderhallarna and this kind of knife was indeed essential. GLWS!

I worked at that place in Söderhallarna and this kind of knife was indeed essential. GLWS!
That's awesome, Carl! My girlfriend lived right around the corner from there, we loved that market. That lady is now my wife of over 20 years, my life would be so different without my Stockholm experience.

Back