Thinking of doing a group buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

LewRob80

Reaction score
Full tang is ready to be ground (with full tang, that's the last thing on the list before f&f). Some wa's ready to be epoxied together, and refitting some wa's that were already epoxied. Starting to feel like I'm making progress :). I'm just as excited as you guys to see these coming along. Can't wait till they're finished, just need to make sure I"m not rushing and doing everything right!
Very excited for these!!!

The Edge

Professional Craftsman
Reaction score
Stopped early to watch the kid, but he decided to go back to sleep at the grandparents house, and I find myself freshly showered, and with not enough time to do more work, and clean again, so I could think of nothing better than updating you all with the little progress I've made today. (I know, commas/run on sentence)

Attachments

The Edge

Professional Craftsman
Reaction score
Well, I haven't been able to get as far Iast week as I would have liked. We lost babysitting on Thursday, and not sure when they'll be able to watch the kid again, so I apologize for the wait, but it's going to take a bit longer to get things done. Here's a short video link to where things are at. Pretty close to being able to finish things, just waiting for the time to do it.

The Edge

Professional Craftsman
Reaction score
Not a great update, but I figured I'd over communicate, rather than keeping you all in the dark. I haven't had babysitting since last Wednesday, and probably won't have any this week. I've been getting up in the wee hours of the morning to get what I can done, but it doesn't feel like enough. I may get 1 or 2 knives done this week, but this is a definite setback. I'm not stopping these by any means, but getting them all shipped this week isn't going to happen. I'll keep you all posted, and if you have any concerns, please feel free to reach out to me.

LewRob80

Reaction score
Not a great update, but I figured I'd over communicate, rather than keeping you all in the dark. I haven't had babysitting since last Wednesday, and probably won't have any this week. I've been getting up in the wee hours of the morning to get what I can done, but it doesn't feel like enough. I may get 1 or 2 knives done this week, but this is a definite setback. I'm not stopping these by any means, but getting them all shipped this week isn't going to happen. I'll keep you all posted, and if you have any concerns, please feel free to reach out to me.
I’m sorry to hear about the babysitting issue! No rush or worries at all, just excitement to see and use. Take your time!

tostadas

Reaction score
Please don't feel the need to rush to meet a specific date. Things happen that we don't expect. Appreciate the update and take care!

big_adventure

What impulse control?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Throwing my handful of cents in with the others: take your time! Your family is massively more important than each of our gyutos. Plus, I feel sure that I speak for everyone here in stating that we'd rather have everything done well and safely then quickly at 3am and have you lose a body part or anything. And extra week or two won't change anything for any of us. Good luck getting your helper back.

The Edge

Professional Craftsman
Reaction score
So, my wife will be taking actual nice photo's once the knives are finished (and editing them for size and color). At this point, I'm starting to go at the knives individually, since there are different preferences for everyone, and I'm not sure I have the mental capacity to keep everything sorted out while working on things. That being said, one is already done, and off to a local client. About halfway through the final sanding on the next one! I just wanted to again thank everyone for their patience. The finish line is in site ;)

The picture is of a side that's close to being finished, though still has some scratches to work out. I'll quote a knife making friend in saying, "I feel more like a professional polisher, rather than a knife maker."

Attachments

Geigs

Reaction score
man I need to get in on these mass drops, these look great!

The Edge

Professional Craftsman
Reaction score
Pictures of the first knife done. This one is AEB-L full tang with nickel/silver bolster and pins. Handle is dyed stabilized maple burl. I'll be posting pictures as I get them, so I hope this helps pass the time until the next one is ready :)

Attachments

The Edge

Professional Craftsman
Reaction score
Is this your profile A? Looks nice.
This is actually a modified profile from another knife I made. We'll call it a custom profile, as anything can be tweaked :). And thank you, though I suppose I can't take all the credit. Without customers to be my muse, none of these knives would be possible. Huge shout out to everyone that's given me a chance to create!

The Edge

Professional Craftsman
Reaction score
Another shipped out this morning! The blade is aeb-l hardened to ~63hrc. Handle is buckeye burl, dyed box elder burl and nickel/silver spacers, and dyed box elder burl ferrule.

Attachments

The Edge

Professional Craftsman
Reaction score
And another on its journey home. Another 240mm, but this one in 26c3 with random hamon. The hardened steel tested at ~65hrc. The handle on this is Bocote. This was the A profile :)

Attachments