Thinking of doing a group buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

The Edge

Professional Craftsman
Reaction score
225mm in s35vn hardened to ~62hrc. Handle is Redwood Burl and copper bolster.

Attachments

The Edge

Professional Craftsman
Reaction score
8 knives down, 6 to go. 5 carbon and 1 in s35vn. Have a new quench tank coming soon, that I ordered 3 weeks ago, which will help redoing the carbons. For those of you with carbons and western handles, I'll be contacting you shortly to go over handle material options again, as I can't get what's on there off (tells me what I'm doing is solid, though adds an extra complication right now). Some long days ahead of me right now trying to get back on track, but feel good about where things are right now. Thanks for all the positive thoughts and feedback.

The Edge

Professional Craftsman
Reaction score
Here's another 240mm chef's in 26c3. There's so much more going on with the hamon that I couldn't capture in a picture, but I think it looks great. Handle is Ironwood Burl with buffalo horn ferrule and nickel/silver spacer. Steel is hardened to ~65hrc.

Attachments

The Edge

Professional Craftsman
Reaction score
Here's another 240mm knife finished up. 240mm chef's in 26c3. More of a traditional hamon, with the steel hardened to ~65hrc. Handle is black and white ebony with buffalo horn ferrule and nickel/silver spacer.

Attachments

The Edge

Professional Craftsman
Reaction score
Latest knife out the door. 225mm chef's in 26c3 hardened to ~65hrc. Two tone amboyna burl with copper.

Attachments

gregfisk

Reaction score
That is a beautiful knife all the way around! And I bet that handle feels great in the hand. How thick was the steel you started out with?

The Edge

Professional Craftsman
Reaction score
And another knife finished and on its way home. This one a 225mm in s35vn hardened to ~62hrc. Handle is Black and White Ebony, with copper and dyed box elder burl spacers. Thanks for looking :)

Attachments

The Edge

Professional Craftsman
Reaction score
Another 225mm chef's out the door. This one in 26c3 with nickel/silver bolster and ironwood handle.

Attachments

jeff_hK7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Id love to be in the next one toó if Taylor offers one. s35vn sounds very appealing. Love your work Taylor.