This is the internet. Where are the cats?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blank Blades.

Blank Blank.
KKF Supporting Craftsman
Reaction score
Calling all cat pictures!

20210501_074657.jpg

She likes to lick the blanket
20210501_074732.jpg

Here is a pocket knife for a reference size. She is a big cat, not really fat, just big.
20210501_074924.jpg

I was trying to kickstart this thread after the dead cats on a table it stalled.

I know others on this forum have cat pictures.

IMG_20210522_125946370.jpg
IMG_20210522_125615015.jpg
IMG_20210522_125721044.jpg
IMG_20210522_125846118.jpg

Lilikoi our little calico female. Small cat got her about 2 years old. Now she is 5 years old with a cat door installed on front door screen. She has it made up in the valley with lush plants & trees. Sorry for pictures can get
Pretty good shots with phone, but not taking pictures of photos with it.

Bird is golden plover they fly from Alaska to Hawaii in the winter. Just like the Humpback whales swim here from Alaska.

Batman begging for treatsView attachment 128221

drsmp [and others in similar situation/circumstances]: do you ever worry about batman hurting himself with your knives, exposed / out on display, like even just rubbing up his sides against them or rubbing his face/nose against a tip or edge, like cats do against pretty much everything?

(stringer: beautiful colouring on nina. never seen that kind of vanilla + caramel + chocolate. ... and you sure know how to train a cat. what fun.)

Another picture of Tiger with prey. We have big ass rats in Hawaii

View attachment 128087

Now that's a good kitty. My boy Fritz got ganged by a few rats three weeks ago and was injured. He healed up about a week ago and got his revenge. My wife saw him with a rat in his jaws a few days ago, happly prancing into my neighbors bushes (I'm not really fond of my neighbor anyway!) to hide his kill.

Maine coons ... male (23#)/female (20#) litter mates ... happy, healthy & super chill with many 'dog like' traits (+ claws and fangs of course) as they fetch & can be taken for walks. Rockie & Cassi ... big ...

View attachment 128320

View attachment 128317View attachment 128318View attachment 128319

That is one of the most beautiful cats I have ever seen (second pic) I love those Maine coons but I never see any of them in my neck of the woods. If I ever get a chance to own one, I'm all over it, and I'm a dog kind of guy. I never really got into cats until I got older. How are their personalities?

That is one of the most beautiful cats I have ever seen (second pic) I love those Maine coons but I never see any of them in my neck of the woods. If I ever get a chance to own one, I'm all over it, and I'm a dog kind of guy. I never really got into cats until I got older. How are their personalities?

They are known as the 'gentle giants' ... goofy & ton of personality ... but still really quite on the gentle side ... some refer to them as "if you want a dog that uses a litter box get a Maine Coon" but long hair (two types actually / soft warm undercoat and long guard hairs) so you need to brush them but they don't (typically) shed like other long haired breeds. I found the breed many many years ago (first ones were all rescues & the older female we have is as well) and just love their quirky personalities (like most cats) plus just fun having a 'bob cat' or two running around ...

Last edited:
They are known as the 'gentle giants' ... goofy & ton of personality ... but still really quite on the gentle side ... some refer to them as "if you want a dog that uses a litter box get a Maine Coon" but long hair (two types actually / soft warm undercoat and long guard hairs) so you need to brush them but they don't (typically) shed like other long haired breeds. I found them years and years ago (rescues) and just love their quirky personalities (like most cats) plus just fun having a 'bob cat' or two running around ...

They sound wonderful. Hopefully I'll get a chance to make one a family member someday. I'm sure my kids would love one. First time I saw a picture of a Maine coon I fell in love. Even better, apparently they're one of the oldest breeds of cat in America (native to Maine) and have excellent hunting skills! I guess I'll have to live with Fritz in the meantime, he's an orange Tabby. Here's Fritz and my boy Sammy:

Sam & Fritz_04.jpg

They're both afternoon nappers.

I take it your a Peanuts fan. Don't think you can get another cat & call it Snoopy tho.
Since they were brother and sister I challenged my wife and daughters to come up with known brother and sister names. It was either gonna be 'Lucy and Linus' or 'Luke and Leia...'
We did add a puppy to the mix last summer. The kids really wanted to add to the peanut gang theme and name him "Snoopy," but, well, no way... We did compromise on "Charlie"
Here he is peering into the cat door to the basement where the cats can take refuge from his puppy hijinks and their boxes are down there away from him too. He is "peering into the catworld!"
peering.jpg

Miss Z, doing what she does best, find the best sunny spot in the house and sleep. Picked up in a parking lot (like most of our cats), been in the family about twenty years.

IF6kcnEGrKk1skiYfIasYX9O8oKxvYQnIAfEk6qzKAraDXzUZRfcTwR-6rOPH6BUIbtY6YW65wqS9OPeI0T6_WP9tmrpt_WpMcdiQaGnA-38LjNhR4cc29z00kENz2JoUam2ZMQA8kkzxid9JUzH2yloH1eO2e12NgmpecKqF4ICYHaHVfpoxYqmxEZb3AKAPMmak1MVfe05XlzmdpTqH-XFopasbKbMpYuWLdh-kXD_08Cy7lx7V_c0ekfQE3uUcJ4Cnaln-KD0y-Mc10GdlMKcnKNfn4ggNXMhzk-tnyLccBTrLsanoscpHSogO526nNUm0j7XwI2eLf35GyolsTVEQDrHlaeSGzlf7b-FxEQKjMMnWYeDjx3CdktiWLkxrtNmDL4WflG2NHDFteN5AeXzt5vK_sssoMkQTKsxrV-xy4KVmETxkDJ_fOhvH2MyhIxvE8OVny8YPl_37yNJ4l-fL8qxglqj1YJZgJ2zlP8K3NcdNti2hgsLTD5Ipay7HiS5fO-0awZJCzzVT9fHemMobmV77N1vrWyQSL0Z4AnhhFXMmPKAOO2zbV_0fwB0kLXYwBKXWsuYBj1U_H5EF1EjbNpJvw3jq4ytSPn8j9bOWSGQuaS8HWNAWhw-6PaWMdwqdZ0EfrIPF5HhetFeLLLAcWG43YdW7kNa65DL5-j55qrX6tMcCRU2pxH9hc02cqRl0yRdoSiDBuNl1gmNOnQ=w1000-h653-no

Back