This is the internet. Where are the cats?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Merry Christmas

Hope everyone is staying warm and snuggly.
PXL_20221224_220212278~2.jpg

Wakey wakey...

IMG_3287.jpg
IMG_3288.jpg
IMG_3289.jpg
IMG_3291.jpg

And... no... no, we've lost him again.

IMG_3292.jpg

This is Nimzo - from the chess player Aron Nimzowitsch and one of his many legacies to the game, the Nimzo-Indian Defense.

I found him on the side of the road one night - he wasn't much older than 3-4 months. He was in a bad state... traumatized, seemed to have been poisonned by something and sick as ****, worms in his liquid faeces, and a deep, infected gash along his right hindlimb - pretty much in line with the fibula, making me think he managed to get trapped in a fence or something and pulled out. I mostly treated him by myself: washed him, disinfected the wound, got him to eat sleep and eventually exercise a bit. Soon enough he looked more like a cat and started to lick and care to his hind scar by himself. When I brought him to the vet for checkup/vermifuge I was told I did very well and that he was perfectly alright.

His first litter box was a big cake pan. I'll never forget, when I put him in there, he just stood on all four, rigid and shaking, and everything came out all at once and it was a ****ing mess. I had managed to grab an overexpensive bag of litter from the corner store that night, but they didn't have boxes... probably better that way, he could barely manage to get into the pan for the first couple days, I don't imagine with higher walls... Got him the deluxe box once he got strong enough to move alright.

His wounded hindlimb was more or less atrophied for a while, and would start to shake a bit when I made him play, but eventually it catched up with his growing up as I was told it most probably would. Now he's a big, strong cat - nearing 7 years old.

Last edited:
This cat wondered into our back yard a couple of months ago. The vet said he was about 8 months old. My wife fell in love with him after a couple of weeks, he just stayed in the back yard and wouldn’t leave. We noticed he had one bad eye and probably wouldn’t survive without someone help. We decided to fix him get him his shots and introduce him to the rest of the clan. He finally gained some weight and he is a fantastic fit in our house hold. This is Ozzy!! He is extremely lovable.
731FA7B6-3A33-4CFF-AF5B-C4710A81B396.jpeg
88BC49D4-54DB-48EC-986B-2417CAA4339A.jpeg
B326F0AC-0ED5-46DE-BF5B-E98B2BE29FB1.jpeg

Awesome, you have a Nebelung! I've had mine for 11 years now... Watch the show called Cats101 on the Nebelung... congrats on a cool cat!
I had no idea what kind of cat it was, thanks for the heads up. He sure is a beautiful beast, love his demeanor as well!!

Snips.. she lived on the streets for a year, as a Catch and Release cat where the city snips the tip of the right ear off so if they are captured again the city knows to release back out, they also get chipped and spayed/neutered then release back into a neighborhood... For the past 8 years, only 6 nights she has not slept next to my side or on me...

20230802_093441.jpg

Back