Thomas Keller Pavé potato?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sudsy9977

Founding Member
Reaction score
Has anybody ever made Thomas Keller’s Pavé potato Recipe? I was just wondering are they really that good? Are they worth the effort? And the other thing I was wondering was what do you do with the cream left in the bowl? Do you poured over the potatoes after you layer it, or is whatever cream sticks to the potatoes enough? Recipe? I was just wondering are they really that good? Are they worth the effort? And the other thing I was wondering was what do you do with the cream left in the bowl? Do you pour it over the potatoes after you layer it, or is whatever cream sticks to the potatoes enough? Ryan

I have made them a few times but its been a while. They are better than traditional potato gratin, however, I wouldn't make them for a crowd.

I think I left extra cream in the bowl.

My advice is plan on doubling cook time and having a decent amount of usable waste if you want perfect squares. The technique and learning for me was worth the price of admission alone. The potatoes are great though.

Thanks for your input. Was just confused about the cream

Back