Thoughts on Isasmedjan

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am curious about Isasmedjan knives. Searching the forums did not turn up much useful information. The little I was able to see gave me the impression that people who have them are generally happy with them. Can anyone comment more specifically as to what you like or don't about his knives? I know this is a wide open question, but there is not a lot of info out there so anything could be helpful.

Thanks

Thank you! I will check out the pass-around comments! I guess I need to join Instagram. I guess his 270 sujihiki caught me eye recently and I am trying to talk myself into spending the money.

His work is quite nice but his prices rose and deservable did but in his budget there are some other nice makers although since you are in the US you don't have to pay 25% Vat. Hs books are closed though and it's sometimes hard to get one of his knives depending on the price and dimensions..

I have two gyutos from Jonas and very happy with them. The second one is custom and he did great job with it. I can recommend his work without reservation plus he is great guy to deal with.

Agree with what has already been said. Great guy and a very talented maker. His knives cut very well, are balanced nicely and have good fit and finish. If you have the money and one of his knives meets your requirements buy without hesitation.

Agree with what has already been said. Great guy and a very talented maker. His knives cut very well, are balanced nicely and have good fit and finish. If you have the money and one of his knives meets your requirements buy without hesitation.
This is what I would've written--verbatim.
Jonas is a great guy to deal with and open with his knowledge.
My suggestion would be to reach out to him directly with any questions you might have.

Back