• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Three 270mm gyuto - mazaki, Tanaka, akebono

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cashn

Reaction score
F683428D-61BD-436C-B207-AC1690ADBBEB.jpeg
FBC4197B-4B75-4B3A-8B5A-86F7E807DB8E.jpeg
E4D8597C-F60C-4AFE-B8F1-2957AA8242D6.jpeg
F683428D-61BD-436C-B207-AC1690ADBBEB.jpeg
FBC4197B-4B75-4B3A-8B5A-86F7E807DB8E.jpeg
Up for sale are three 270mm gyutos. All have seen use in a professional kitchen. I’m just not using all of my knives nearly as much now so these 3 are the first cut. None of these have ever been thinned, only sharpened from a few 1k+ progressions with touch ups inbetween. I kept a 6 gyuto rotation so each knife would only get used once a week, maybe twice if I was doing something that called for that particular gyuto. All come with the saya pictured. I won’t go into huge detail as these are fairly well known but if you have any specific questions please let me know. All prices are shipped CONUS.

Mazaki 270mm gyuto - one of the last iterations from JNS. The white steel sharpens up lightning fast. D shaped ho wood/horn handle. Asking $280.

Tanaka 270mm Blue 2 stainless clad from KnS - the very tip, couple of mm, is slightly bent, noticeable when you look at it but it never got in the way in use. Octo ebony/horn handle. Asking $200.

Akebono 270mm Blue 2 from KnS - exceptionally well made knife, the tipy top, less than a mm, has been chipped off. Comes with a special run heart shaped half octo ebony/horn handle from KnS. Asking $430.

I’ve been out of the loop for a while so if my prices are way off please feel free to let me know or make an offer. Pictures are nothing special but I will be glad to take more for anyone interested. They all have patina that I did a quick OOOO steel scrub polish to knock some off, I can take it all off if you wish.

Back