• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Tilman Leder 270mm Niolox Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm putting up for sale my custom 270mm Tilman Leder wa-gyuto. I'm the original owner, and I've used it lightly in a home environment for the last couple of months. It's been sharpened once, but otherwise it's sporting its original geometry. The knife cost $660 new, and I'm asking for $560 USD, including shipping within the US. I'd potentially be open to an international sale if we split shipping charges.

It's a great knife with a solid convexed middleweight grind and excellent fit and finish. That said, I'm moving on because I'm looking for a 270 that's on the lighter side compared to this one. Here are a couple facts and measurements on the knife:

Steel: Niolox (stainless steel alloyed with niobium)

Spine thickness: 3.12mm at the handle, thinning down to .85mm about 1 cm from the tip.

Height: 55mm at the heel

Weight: 247 grams

Handle: Stabilized maple burl with blonde buffalo horn ferrule and endcap (the endcap has some really nice black marbling), and nickel spacers.

Profile: The knife has a solid flat spot before rising toward the tip. There's a tiny bit of recurve right at the heel.

Price: $560

Pictures:
20200906_113642.jpg

20200906_113658.jpg

20200906_113722.jpg

20200906_113403.jpg

Full set of pictures:

Thanks for looking!

I can not stop wondering about how many belts he must have used to grind this one. A beautiful knife, GLWS.

Back