Time for new knives!!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oivind_dahle

Banned
Reaction score
Xmas is coming and I want to buy my dear mother and stepfather some nice kitchen knives. Here is the problem: My mother got parkinson and therefor Im not giving her a big knife. Im looking for a parer and a small knife (I gonna go for a Kyrocera Parer 3" - yes I know..)

I was thinking of this
http://www.cartercutlery.com/japane...ade-funayuki-ho-woodwater-buffalo-horn-handle

However: Since my mother is seriously ill I cant give her carbon knives, they will be destroyed over night :( Im looking for a knife close to the carter, but stainless. Any ideas?

Edit: Look at my postcount! Im a baaaad mf! :)

I would go with a Konosuke or Ashi stainless. They are thin like Carters but they are stainless, take an excellent edge yet the steel is a bit softer (58 hrc), tougher and more forgiving than other high end stainless.

Destroying my postcount :S

Nice idea tk59, but Im not into petties I was thinking more of a 140ish Gyuto. I wonder what Devin would charge me for a AEB-L that size and if he would have it ready by xmas (since he is reading this post) :)

Thanks for idea - but I rather kill myself before buying that :p
Hehe.

I really like the Carter, it would have been perfect if stainless :)

Thanks for idea - but I rather kill myself before buying that :p)
Are you pissing on the Ashi home set in his link, or just the Mac santoku?

JCK has a 150mm Hattori HD gyuto. That'd be pretty sweet and big pimping for your ma.

Img186.jpg

Also, I know they're a *bit* longer than you would want, but how about a 180mm Masamoto VG or Misono 440 gyuto/santoku?

Thanks!

More like I had in mind :) Thanks again

(I was pissing on Mac Santoku) hehe :)

Another short and light santoku: Hiromoto TJ-40G3
Santoku 160mm TotalLength:275mm BladeThickness:2mm Total Weight: 140g
$74.80

Back