Time to thank you

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner!!! [emoji6]

I guess he has more odds of winning than most , still waiting on few who have 3 or more knives from me . Rumour is there is a guy in Sweden who is about to tie with Sam [emoji12][emoji380][emoji380]

This is the knife Mert spoke of in the opening of this thread. It is the last blade he made with out his makers mark. 230mm gyuto in 52100 hidden tang western handle in curly maple w/ Australian ringed gidgee ferrule and end cap, brass bolster. Tiger Maple Saya.

Words can not explain my thoughts on this knife......... Everything changed after I received this functional work of art!

tigerguyto.jpg

Thanks for your support brother [emoji106], looking forward for my next Detroit trip

Here are my 3 from you, Mert

mA2tgrQ.jpg

From left to right
  • 235mm Gyuto 52100 in Australian Rosewood/Nickel
  • 170mm Kiritsuke Blue 2 honyaki in Snakewood/African blackwood/nickel
  • 270mm Suji 1095 honyaki in Birdseye red gum/marble horn w/ matching saya

Thanks Trevor

I guess he has more odds of winning than most , still waiting on few who have 3 or more knives from me . Rumour is there is a guy in Sweden who is about to tie with Sam [emoji12][emoji380][emoji380]
I need to up my game!

This thread is giving me secret knife envy.

I think mert is secretly using this so we all drastically increase the size of our Tansu family. :D:D

This thread is giving me secret knife envy.

I think mert is secretly using this so we all drastically increase the size of our Tansu family. :D:D

Well put it this way. Very few people have only one tansu.

Damn enablers you lot are... at least I am blaming you guys for the email I'm gonna send Mert later today... that way its easier to justify to the wife ;)

I am really not talented at taking pictures, these look much better when you have them in hand :cheffry:

wGRB0Tt.jpg

Just got this back and realized how much I missed h
ttps://imgur.com/gallery/Rpzyi

Back