Titanic menu

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right now the Titanic exhibit is at the Henry Ford. They are doing a Titanic remembered event this Saturday evening with dinner. Champagne arrival, music from the White Star line during dinner and a special program at 11:40 PM the same time the ship hit the Iceberg.

First Class
Display
Carved Fresh Fruit and Pineapple Array
Hors d'Oeuvres
Potage St. Germaine Shooter
Salmon Mousseline Spoon with Cucumber
Canapés a la Admiral

Second Class
First Course
Consommé Tapioca with Shaved Truffle

Second Course
Roast Turkey with Savory Cranberry Sauce, Turnip Purée, Green Peas and Roasted Potatoes
Coffee and tea

Third Class
Dessert
Plum Pudding with Sweet Sauce

Right now the Titanic exhibit is at the Henry Ford. They are doing a Titanic remembered event this Saturday evening with dinner. Champagne arrival, music from the White Star line during dinner and a special program at 11:40 PM the same time the ship hit the Iceberg.

First Class
Display
Hors d'Oeuvres
Canapés a la Admiral

Second Class
First Course

Second Course
Roast Turkey with Savory Cranberry Sauce, Turnip Purée, Green Peas and Roasted Potatoes
Coffee and tea

Third Class
Dessert

Wow! Very nice!

A local restaurant is doing one of these, and they give each person the name of one of the passengers of the ship. At the end of the dinner they announce who dies!

Seems a little morbid to me.

Nevermind, just read the end of your post. It is morbid.

A local restaurant is doing one of these, and they give each person the name of one of the passengers of the ship. At the end of the dinner they announce who dies!

That's great. Both an interesting dinner and a meaningful way to get your head around what we see as an inevitable and oft retold tragedy.

First Class
Display
Hors d'Oeuvres
Canapés a la Admiral

Second Class
First Course

Second Course
Coffee and tea

Third Class
Dessert

Ooh that does sound great; I'd try to convince my wife to go but unfortunately I'm allergic to turkey... grrrr

The person's name thing was done in one of the first tours that the museum hosts, not sure if they still do it. A friend of mine said he loved the idea.

We went to see the Titanic event today and they give you a card with a passengers name on it when you enter. It has the place they were coming from and going to as well as the class of their ticket. I guess there was some way to look up the person at the end of the tour to see if your person survived or not but it was swamped with kidlets.
One thing I noticed was the lunch menu for the last day in first class had grilled "mutton" chops. I found that intersting but I guess "mutton" didn't really get a bad rep until much later in WWII.

Dave

Little off topic, but when I was in middle school, we had what was called "International Week" (they still do it, my sister is a teacher there now). "International Week" consisted of a series of events designed to expose students to various cultures from around the world (guest speakers, food, art, language, dance, etc.).

Towards the end of the week, students could purchase a ticket to attend a "hunger luncheon" in the auditorium (just about everyone participated as I recall). Each ticket had a number printed on it, which was used to divide students into economic classes once we entered the auditorium. A few lucky students were called up on to the stage where they were seated at nice tables and served a turkey dinner. Others received a chair and simple bag lunch, while the vast majority were served water and a plate of rice and beans (or just water and rice).

During the luncheon, a guest speaker talked about the various levels of poverty and inequality in the world. It was an eye opening experience for many of us (there were awfully few kids sitting on the stage) and a memorable reminder to be grateful for all that we have. (Proceeds from the event were donated to a local food bank.)

Back