Tom's knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TB_London

Reaction score
So photography skills are lacking and these are iphone pics but i thought i'd put up some pics of the herd

Gyutos

270 Devin Thomas ITK AEBL
Devin%20ITK%20270.jpg

270 Takamura SG2
Takamura%20270.jpg

Takamura%20270%20pattern.jpg

270 Catcheside EN42J
Catcheside%20270.jpg

Catcheside%20270%20pattern.jpg

250 Takeda AS
Takeda%20250mm.jpg

240 Shigefusa with Adam Marr handle
Shig%20240%20.jpg

Adam%20Marr%20handle.jpg

210 Hattori KD Cowry X
hatorri%20kd%20210-3.jpg

hattori%20kd%20210-2.jpg

hattori%20kd%20close%20up.jpg

Sujis

270 Hattori HD VG-10
hattori%20hd%20270.jpg

210 Carter AS
Carter%20slicer.jpg

Santokus

Catcheside EN42
Catcheside%20santoku.jpg

Moritaka AS
moritaka%20santoku.jpg

Carter with Stefan handle White
Carter%20wabocho%20stefan%20keller%20.jpg

Petties

Catcheside custom 15n20&EN42
Catcheside%20petty.jpg

catcheside%20petty%20pattern%202.jpg

Carter Funyaki White
Carter%20funyaki.jpg

Itou R2
Itou%20petty.jpg

Unknown carbons

japanes%20carbon%20petty.jpg

rehandled%20petty.jpg

Single bevels

240 Aritsugu yanagiba

Aritsugu%20yanagi%20240.jpg

aritsugu%20finger%20stone%20finishe.jpg

Aritsugu? deba

Deba%20patina.jpg

deba-back.jpg

Usuba
Usuba.jpg

Others:

Carter Honesuki White
Carter%20honesuki.jpg

Hattori HD Honesuki VG-10
hattori%20hd%20honesuki.jpg

Misono Hankotsu
Mison%20Hankotsu.jpg

Unkown Nakiri
kyoto%20nakiri.jpg

Rehandled CCK cleaver
CCK%20rehandled.jpg

Knives i've made:

First knife that has gone through a through a few profile iterations on the grinder
My%20first%20knife.jpg

First laminated blade
My%20first%20laminated%20petty.jpg

First damascus laminated blade-my sister's christmas present
Photo%2021-12-2011%2011%2021%2053.jpg

Damascus laminated honesuki in the making
My%20first%20damascus%20honesuki.jpg

I'm going to guess there's not a nicer collection in the UK. - Cool stuff Tom.

Nice collection Tom. The Takamura SG2 caught my eye, you might be one of the few people here who have one of these.

Nice collection Tom. The Takamura SG2 caught my eye, you might be one of the few people here who have one of these.

I picked it up in Japan, and was my first real japanese gyuto. The edge it came with was really impressive, i don't think i've been able to improve on it as it came tree topping sharp. Holds the edge for ages too.
Something makes me grab for the ITK over it most of the time though, think i just prefer the balance, but it really should see more board time than it does. Maybe a handle upgrade is in order :D

Very nice collection. Hattori KD envy.

Super collection. A number of drool worthy knives.

Stunning collection Tom. The threads in this forum keep getting better and better. Can you talk about any particular favorites?

Nice Tom, Your ones have turned out very nice. Have you put the blue paper core damascus to the test much yet?

Couple of additions to the kit:

Zwilling Cermax petty in MC66 (ZDP-189?) got it to try the steel and still looking for the perfect petty
Cermax%20petty.jpg

Hattori Forum Petty VG-10, again searching for the petty, and wanted to try the Forum line
Forum%20petty.jpg

Stephan Fowler 240 Gyuto Wrought and 52100 San Mai. Only arrived 2 hours ago......
Fowler%20240.jpg

Takeda Double bevel Deba in Blue 2. Bought it for some of the heavier tasks, and really like the Takeda Gyuto
Takeda%20Deba.jpg

Tojiro ITK breadknife with rehandle in Horse Chestnut burl. Best serrated knife i've used
Tojiro%20ITK.jpg

Tojiro Senkou (Flash in the US) VG-10.
Tojiro%20Senkou.jpg

Watanabe 240mm Gyuto Blue 2
Watanabe%20240.jpg

Wow, that is a great expense of knives! Love the 270mm gyutos and a KD. They are all nice!!!

Glad to see you added some knives to your meager collection ;) Very nice set! Hard to pick a favorite, but I realized again how much I like the profile of the Watanabe gyutos.

Stefan

Just noticed the thread (in which I posted of course) where you documented rehandling the Tojiro yourself. :O

Nice work TB, and a brilliant overall collection.

THat takamura is stunning, i think that may be the sexiest blade of the day

I picked it up in Japan on kappabashi dori. Sharpened it the other day but it was almost too sharp sticking in the board if I was any more than gentle. Still working up the courage to rehandle it

I thought your fiance had taken control of your finances due to your mental illness.:lol2:

+1 on the Takamura.

He might have prepared for this with two identities with separate bank accounts... or he's still in denial. :scared4:

Tom: nice collection there!

:)

Anyway. Nice collections. There are members here with some really impressive knives.
Someday Ill be one of them :) Loved the KD, a really great investment .)

If that Tak had a custom wa handle by one of the scroundrels who play with wood around here... ;) Well- it might be too much. It might cause a dimensional rift just by existing or something...

I just noticed your Carter honesuki is actually AS steel, not white. What happened to the heel on that guy?

Back