Too Many Knives!!!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ratton

Founding Member
Reaction score
I’ve got too many knives!!! So at the last ECG I bought another knife magnetic strip, the one that Dave sells, and I still don’t have all my knives up in easy reach. :eek2:

I am just a home cook so I really don’t need all of these knives, but I can’t seem to stop buying more. I like to try things out for myself and then think I will sell some off, but no I just keep adding to the fleet!!

Here is a picture of a few of them….more are tucked away in the drawers or the gun safe!!:help4:

attachment.php

1-4-Knives & Mag Strips.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the gyuto on the top rack, second in from the right? Looks familiar, name is escaping me though.

I know most of them but would you mind giving us a list? thanks! awesome collection BTW!

+1 on the awesome collection.

I don't understand the phrase "too many knives," though. No such thing.

What is the gyuto on the top rack, second in from the right? Looks familiar, name is escaping me though.

It is a [FONT=&quot]Hattori HD 210mm Gyuto with a Fish custom handle.:knife:
Did anyone recognize the Butch Gyuto??
[/FONT]

I'm glad I'm not alone... I recently realized I need some more storage space for the stuff I've got coming in in the next few months. Time to call the BoardSMITH!

Really nice collection Eldon!

The new mag block looks sweet!

WOW! Nice stash... :D Got the same conundrum! Would like to know what those are.... I can see Butch, Haslinger, Konosuke, Heiji, ITK? got a list?

I am just a home cook so I really don’t need all of these knives, but I can’t seem to stop buying more. I like to try things out for myself and then think I will sell some off, but no I just keep adding to the fleet!![/SIZE][/FONT]
Here is a picture of a few of them….more are tucked away in the drawers or the gun safe!!:help4:

Don't worry, you will slow down. When you run out of money

I know how you feel, I have to keep adding draws. 10 years ago I could carry everything in a roll. 5 years ago it all fit nice in one 3 draw box. This pic is about a year old.
099df2f8.png

I know how you feel, I have to keep adding draws. 10 years ago I could carry everything in a roll. 5 years ago it all fit nice in one 3 draw box. This pic is about a year old.
Are those tool bits with trays or knives?

If its tools, meh. If its knives, I am jealous as hell! Although, I feel like you could sell all of those and buy a house, so I'm not sure if my wallet is happy with my jealousy!

p.s if its tools I'm still jealous, but needed it for contrast sake :)

p.p.s! that drawer is ridiculously frightening. what do you do with those! Thats some serious meat cutting!

man, I envy those with "FISH" handles. He could be considered a legend and pioneer in the kitchen knife world

Back