Top 10 Stupidest Knife Names

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tactical
Benchmade
Mid-tech

I would not call them stupidest, just odd and confusing

Hmm... I'm guessing Dave was thinking of some other names, but I'll go with mid-tech. :)

Alright, I am guilty of naming one of our knife a ridiculous name.. OK go ahead and laugh. I dont blame ya!

"Tacticool" :rofl2:

vacation_114.jpg

I'm not saying it, that can only lead to trouble again...

Stefan

Alright, I'll go with:

Cermax - ***? Took me a long time before it sunk through my thick skull that these guys weren't ceramic

Chroma "Haiku" - Seriously? Seriously? The Haiku? The line was geared 100% towards the "dumb American" market. Right down to the BS description of a faux mekugi pin in the cheap-ass handle, the marketing material was essentially, "What, you like Japanese? Cuz this is SOOOO Japanese. WAY more Japanese than Shun, so you should buy this instead!"

Artifex - Props for the Latin. Married to a former classics, major, so major props for the Latin. Of course, as soon as you order more than one, you've ordered Artifeces and that sounds like sh!t.

#1 Richmand Addict,
#2 Richmand Remedy
#3 Richmand Fanatic
#4 Richmand Boner
#5 yoshi Blade
#6 the Miracle blade...3!
#7 F. Dick
#8 Samurai pro
#9 globle express
#10 the "Furi Rachael Ray Copper tail"

Hmm... Has anybody heard about Seppuku Pro line? Guaranteed to work as advertised.

#1 Richmand Addict,
#2 Richmand Remedy
#3 Richmand Fanatic
#4 Richmand Boner
#5 yoshi Blade
#7 F. Dick
#8 Samurai pro
#9 globle express

#7....F'in Dick!!!! LOL, Really?

#1 Richmand Addict,
#2 Richmand Remedy
#3 Richmand Fanatic
#4 Richmand Boner
#5 yoshi Blade
#7 F. Dick
#8 Samurai pro
#9 globle express

How dare you put RR's copper tail on that list?!?

Artifex - Props for the Latin. Married to a former classics, major, so major props for the Latin. Of course, as soon as you order more than one, you've ordered Artifeces and that sounds like sh!t.

Google to make you seem more knowledgeable than you are, I'm all for that.

Hmm... Has anybody heard about Seppuku Pro line? Guaranteed to work as advertised.
:spitcoffee:

10. Artifex
9. Global G-#
8. Miracle Blade Chop n' Scoop
7. Hënckelhöff Ice Forge Hardened Friodor international pro Vier-star twin-cuisine grand chef precision edge series
6. Kasumi
5. Prospect
4. Cutco
3. Wasabi
2. Carbonext
1. Knuckle sandwich

Google to make you seem more knowledgeable than you are, I'm all for that.

On my part or Mark's? If mine, credit goes to the wife, at least as far as telling me what it meant. I know just enough to have figured out on my own the tricky pluralization. :wink:

Holy crap, I forgot the Knuckle Sandwich. Can I switch my vote to that for worst name?

Does what it says on the tin:
Will avert laws of nature and overcome the bounds of reality to allow you to supernaturally put food on the knife after you cut it.

A knife like that must go for at least $200. I wonder if there is a way I can get a discount or perhaps 2 for the price of one if I act now?

On my part or Mark's? If mine, credit goes to the wife, at least as far as telling me what it meant. I know just enough to have figured out on my own the tricky pluralization. :wink:

Mark. Having a Latin name for something these days is just begging to make you and your product seem sophisticated. It also doesn't help that it translates into something like artisan or craftsman when it is made by a company.

Back