Tosho Knife Arts?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stopbarking

Reaction score
Has anyone ever ordered from this company? I've had my eye on a Hand American Borosilicate Rod for a while and they seem to have them available. I am also a little wary because they have Takeda Honesukis in stock.

Are there any Hand American Borosilicate Rods out there not spoken for?

Great store, great folks who own & run it. I've dropped by in-person twice so far and had good chats with each of the principals. If you live/work around Toronto, drop by the shop for a bit when you're around the Annex.

I saw one or two honing rods on display when I was there last week, but I didn't take a close look at it/them so I don't know if it's what you're hoping to pick up.

I'm glad they got some publicity in Toronto Life, but I don't think that little article captures the reasons why someone really into knives would go there. I suppose the restaurant name-dropping will pull in a number of new customers, though. The article captures nothing about the obvious passion that the principals have for food, cooking, and knives. It says nothing about the depth of knowledge that Ivan in particular has. It says nothing about how easy they are to deal with and how willing they are to answer questions and just talk on and on about their fine products.

Can you tell I like the place? I've got something on order with them that's coming in soon so I am a customer too, not just someone who takes up their time in the store ;)

I've known Ivan through the internet and emails for awhile now (I guess a couple of years at least) and I'd recommend checking him out simply for the fact that he took the hard road to learn his craft with the knives. He's put a ton of time in with hands on blood and sweat and I'm sure (based on what I've seen of his work) is that he's doing a great job.

Did you guys catch a glimpse of that Konosuke 270mm Yanigiba w/ the lacquered handle? Wow.. a thing of beauty.

Great little shop.I dropped by last week.Right now they carry mostly Konosuke and Takeda but Olivia said they might expand their lineup in the future.

That 270 yanagiba is a beautiful, beautiful knife. Feels really nice in the hand, too.

Cool beans. I think Ivan Fonseca is the same guy who makes sayas in Canada.

That 270 yanagiba is a beautiful, beautiful knife. Feels really nice in the hand, too.

I biked there,so I was a little sweaty and didn't feel comfortable handling it,maybe next time.
I have my eye on the Kono 240mm HD.Anyone have any thoughts on this knife?(it's on sale.:) )

Yep very Nice guy i have seen his work. He gets better and better every year.
Stone addict like me :)

Thanks for the info guys! Hand American Borosilicate Rod will be on it's way to TX soon.

Back