Tour de France 2020

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jumbo is putting some scary tempo...
Ineos does not have an answer
Some ugly comments on internet regarding the Dutch team and doping...
Mostly coming from heartbroken English fans:D

One commentator on Spanish Tv says it should be prohibited...
Is it really what cycling needs?

Pogacar had the gas for the finish, really impressive.
Bernal is finished.
I love Uran. Really rooting for him to make podium.

What do we know about Pogacar’s time trial abilities? I don’t recall. He had stage win in Vuelta last year correct?

Got to wait till 2pm Hawaii time usually get the timer going middle of the night.

That's what like about cycling steep decent, Cliff drop offs with no guardrail.
Climbing steep sections grabbing as much oxygen possible to keep the crank going around. Not to mention cool bikes doing it all on two very skinny tires.🚴‍♀️🚴‍♂️

I guess rooting for Pogacar but it will be tough to even pull back 40 seconds. He won by two bike lengths at the line, but gave them both same time so only gained 4 seconds with first place.

Jumbo Visma is setting such a torrid pace dropping people off back except select few. Adam Yates tried to attack, but they reeled him back in. To different Columbians in top 5 now. Richie Port looked good.

Still some tough mountain stages after rest day including stage 17 summit finish new to TDF & highest point in tour.

If Jumbo Visma strong like today rest of stages hard to gain time on Primo Roglic. 40 sec. Hard to make up in time trail tho it has been done before.

Still it is TDF with couple more tough mountain stages anyone can crack & lose minutes as we saw today.

Snoozefest today...
Hopefully tomorrow we will see some movement from Emirates...
Just rewatched Armstrong's Lie - great doc
Armstrong is a total cnut, but he was also a scapegoat - UCI, Nike, Trek were complicit and got away with a murder

Looking forward to stage 17 tomm. Miguel Lopez looking strong. No matter how safe you ride will be strung out at summit finish.

The Irish Roche think been in 12 TDF said this is hardest coarse yet. Believe was his father that won TDF in 1987.

Pogacar has to gain time in this toughest mountain stage to have a chance more than just a few seconds. Two remaining Columbians Uran & Lopez sitting at 3&4 place in GC are good climbers.

We will see who has the legs and who will crack could be anybody.

In many cases they are almost the same bikes (Spec and Canyon come to mind)
But as you say, it will be interesting.
I remember WC when there was a steep climb at the end of the course - riders had the option to change to a climbing bike there

You called it. Read that riders can use full on TT bikes & switch to lightweight climbing road bikes at bottom of Hill. They could lose 10-15 seconds making the switch.

The gear geek 😁 look forward to seeing what the GC guys will do. I would think losing 10 seconds worth not having to ride a TT bike uphill you would lose more time doing that.

Some may choose to ride a light road bike all the way with TT bars attached.

Plenty of riders changing bikes...
Have not seen anyone with regular from the start, even Quintana and Carapaz started with TT...
WVA to win it today, either him or Roglic

Spectacular
Chapeu Pogacar
Jumbo and Roglic did almost everything right this year and yet not enough

Can’t remember a more thrilling tour stage.

Awesome TT by Pogacar! Didn't see that one coming, Roglic looked solid until today.

Wow I thought last year was a good TDF. That's got to be one of the greatest TT.

In the climb Pogacar was sitting more pushing a higher gear on his rear cluster.
Moving faster up that hill than anyone.
Roglic dancing more in lower gear losing time all the way up.

That was amazing! I thought Pogacar was going to blow up when he hit the climb. Instant legend.

Really happy for Porte. That crash he had a couple of years ago in the tour was so brutal. Missing the birth of a child for the tour and then coming through with a podium finish. Great story.

What a tour. And so many new names to watch in the coming years.

Who will take the sprint in Paris?
My heart says Elia Viviani, but he seems to be suffering the curse of leaving Quickstep.
I would also like to see Mads Pedersen do well as this will be his last race in the rainbow jersey.

Back