• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD TSOURKAN SAN MAI 250 W/DEVIN THOMAS CORE

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Reluctantly selling this unicorn… need to make some room for new goodies.

This is a super rare piece that I got from the great Marc Dixon. San mai stainless over Devin Thomas 26c3 (spicy white) core…. Sports a very different profile from Markos usual shape.. almost KS pointy like. It’s extremely nimble and balanced… the sculpted western hybrid handle feels absolutely incredible. It has a very slight s grind and is nice and convex behind the edge. This guy just glides through ingredients with ease.

Since I bought it I have not sharpened or even stropped it. Only used a few times at home.

246 x 53, 207g
Stainless clad, Devin Thomas 26c3 core
Mokume bolster, Amboyna Burl western handle with gorgeous figuring.

$900 Shipped CONUS (intl message me)

This is a VERY rare gem, folks. Somebody please take this before I change my mind…

Looking to SELL not trade with the exception of:
Yanick gyutos
Nine gyutos
WH Tsourkan 230 or bigger
(+cash or however that works out)

C883EBFB-DEB7-45F2-9C0B-F720DDA710E5.jpeg
27CC8F04-CD62-4008-B785-D28C4F297330.jpeg
785C79DD-7F67-47B8-8826-E027DA53069C.jpeg
DC098BBA-9E61-4D45-B92C-C580F14C913A.jpeg

Last edited:
Is the grind 50/50? Looks like it could be a bit hand-specific.
From looking at it I can see where you get that from… but it is 50/50.. and from using it, there’s not drift or tendency to go right or left. And I have never touched it to the stones… I’m sure @marc4pt0 could tell you if he adjusted it but I don’t think so.

Devin Thomas
He forged the stainless cladding over it…or forged the billet.
It does not sound like that, because he says Devin Thomas core, not Devin Thomas sanmai...sounds like tsourkan forge welded the stainless. Does not make it any less cool of a knife but wondering what in particular Devin added to it. Did he do the heat treat? That would also be cool.

@marc4pt0 Can you shed some light on this? I was under the assumption that Devin Thomas made the billet… if you look at DT San Mai knives they are strikingly similar to mine (formerly yours).

Let me know Marc!

Regardless you won’t find another one of these anytime soon 😊

@marc4pt0 Can you shed some light on this? I was under the assumption that Devin Thomas made the billet… if you look at DT San Mai knives they are strikingly similar to mine (formerly yours).

Let me know Marc!

The handle and satin finish is enough to get this one. If someone bought my knives for sale this would come home to me today.

Let me know Marc!

Devin Thomas stainless clad 26c3 core billet used by Tsourkan to make this gyuto. Marko had previously spent time with Devin, where he learned to up his game in the heat treating process, amongst many other things I’m sure. He would often use DT billets such as this one, or Damascus. And sometimes Marko would use Devin’s son’s Damascus, commonly referred to as JT Damascus.

Throughout the course of a few years, Marko had explored various blade profiles and grinds. With his talent, his interpretations of these profiles all became pretty popular. Amongst the profiles were Shigefusa, Mizuno, Kato (which seems to be his current with his WH) and the KS profile. This example would be of his KS influenced profile. Personally my favorite of his.

I‘m quite shocked this is still available actually. As I said before, if I didn’t have its matching blade (in 52100), this would have never left the stable.

Lightly etched by yours truly. But it can be Easily removed if one were to prefer the mono polish look.

Devin Thomas stainless clad 26c3 core billet used by Tsourkan to make this gyuto. Marko had previously spent time with Devin, where he learned to up his game in the heat treating process, amongst many other things I’m sure. He would often use DT billets such as this one, or Damascus. And sometimes Marko would use Devin’s son’s Damascus, commonly referred to as JT Damascus.

Throughout the course of a few years, Marko had explored various blade profiles and grinds. With his talent, his interpretations of these profiles all became pretty popular. Amongst the profiles were Shigefusa, Mizuno, Kato (which seems to be his current with his WH) and the KS profile. This example would be of his KS influenced profile. Personally my favorite of his.

I‘m quite shocked this is still available actually. As I said before, if I didn’t have its matching blade (in 52100), this would have never left the stable.
Thanks for the info

Jesus everyone on this forum has owned this thing why won't someone keep it 🥲
More like:

"This knife has been exclusively reserved for KKF members who have attended ECGs. But due to overwhelming demand, it is now being released for sale to the General KKF Public. But hurry -- this offer is only for a limited time until the currently available stock is purchased. After that time it may never be available to non-ECG attendees again!

Act now, operators are standing by. And if you reply in the next 10 minutes Tyler will throw in a free box and maybe some padding!"

More like:

"This knife has been exclusively reserved for KKF members who have attended ECGs. But due to overwhelming demand, it is now being released for sale to the General KKF Public. But hurry -- this offer is only for a limited time until the currently available stock is purchased. After that time it may never be available to non-ECG attendees again!

Act now, operators are standing by. And if you reply in the next 10 minutes Tyler will throw in a free box and maybe some padding!"
Well that’s it guys, I’m gonna have David write all of my BST posts from now on haha

We will be sure to include a video of him cutting a work boot in half with the knife and a toll free number to call 😂

Back