TSProf & Hapstone systems supply chain issues

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Very sad that the current situation in Russia / Ukraine has so negatively impacted the sharpening industry centered there.

I realize that in the big picture, this is a relatively insignificant thing, but it shows how many non-combatants are really destroyed by this.

There was a sincere and enlightening FB post by GRITOMATIC (a Russia/Ukraine/US supplier) sharing how a little about how this will have lasting impact on the sharpening community.

Thoughts?

Alternate sources?

None. I've mentioned this a couple of days ago. Same goes for some cbn plates. Short term, absolutely nothing can be done that I know or think of.

Short term???

How so?

I‘m not so sure the sanctions get lifted when the tanks stop rolling. And the businesses have been destroyed.

I was considering more like months. Long term would be years.

I hope you are correct but …

Economic sanctions will last much longer than a few months (probably past 2024 election) and the physical businesses may have been destroyed. So, we have economic destruction and physical destruction. Additionally the workforce has either left or might be killed.

No factory, no worker, no market. Think post WWII Japan or post Civil War South. But in both those cases the US rebuilt those economies. Not so this time.

People of the west tolerated Russia because of its energy production. North Korea or China are incapable of filling that void. But India could be a player.

Maybe. But this is well beyond our interests on this forum.
The world won't stop, as cinical as this seems. Maybe BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) could try for a separate system, but it would be really difficult to sustain.

Back